Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-30-20, 06:36 PM  
Rose

Hello! No workout today but I did work out yesterday. Finished up Strong For Life. Liked it! Let's see...started with standing back work. Just okay- I did some superman and bird dogs on the floor. Then onto delts which Margaret loves to work. On the mat for outer thighs with weights. Good, not too hard, not too easy.....just right. I took off the weights for inner thighs and I'm so glad as they were hard! On the back, legs out to the sides, it seemed to go on and on and then she adds making little circles with the legs both ways.
After that torture, finished with abs. I usually do my own thing with abs.

I give this DVD a B. Margaret is pleasant and focused. Nothing is really too hard or too easy. The music is okay though the scenery is a bit odd. It is a perfect workout for my level right now.

Pat- What new toy is this? A Sling Shot hip circle? How does that differ from a regular elastic band? I was off to buy one and then I thought that it might be a bit too hard right now. It seems like it gave you some good DOMS. Do you have the medium or the large?

Summer Breeze - You are right, Strong & Limber does seem familiar. Let's face it, Margaret uses a lot of the same moves in her workouts. Don't you think she looks great in this DVD? Margaret looks strong. It's one thing I admire about her. Even in the Unpluggeds, when her body has changed as she's aged, she's still strong.

Enjoy the day!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I was still wicked sore so I dusted off RaviAna's Bliss Hips and did the warmup, hip opening and relaxation sets, plus a nice inversion.

Gypsy - this is the hip circle I went with: Slingshot

My physical therapist recommended the Mark Bell Slingshot. There are several resistances and sizes which was confusing, but I settled on level 2 and a size L. Sometimes I wish I'd gone smaller or with a higher level, but I'm very happy with it for now. The biggest benefit for me is that it doesn't roll and dig into my legs after a few reps. I love that inner thigh series, you feel it so much more than the side lying kind.

Summer I am impressed that you went outside and walked.

Happy Friday ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

I went for a walk yesterday morning and that was it. I had wanted to finish off the other workout on Strong for Life but I couldn't muster the energy.

ROSE, oh now I really need to do the second workout on Strong for Life. I like working inner thighs more that way than side lying too. I agree that MR looked great in that workout. I was admiring her cut arms the whole time. Amazing.

PAT, I'm glad you got some relief with the kundalini yoga. Yeah I'm a little nuts walking in this steam bath but outdoor walking keeps me sane even if I'm drenched in sweat at the end.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 06:42 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Yesterday & today was Perfect 10, Volume 1 Episodes A&B.
Episode A review- for some reason, this one flew by. Pushups for pecs, standing biceps & triceps. I thought triceps was a little short. Then onto the mat for unweighted outer thighs and abs. It was an okay workout. It felt quick. Margaret was with a group. She was peppy and happy.

Episode B review- this was all standing so Pat & Summer Breeze should like it. Margaret opened up with a jazzy warm up which I like. I will walk around for about 10 minutes before exercising so her warm ups are a good fit. I've been injured with stretching so the less I stretch the better.

Back to the review- she does the basic calf work on the toes. Then standing hamstrings. She gives good pointers throughout. I do stay more connected to my body by listening to her instructions. Then squats for quads.For some reason I thought she didn't do squats. She even did a few static lunges. Then she did a longer delt work. She loves that.
After that, standing back work which was pretty good. I followed with back work on a mat. Another dancing cooldown.

So far I like this workout. She's happy, gives good form pointers and has a variety of exercise. Inner thighs were omitted. I'll do Volume 2 in the next few days.

Enjoy the weekend!
Old 08-02-20, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

Just been walking mostly. I did do some Core Fusion Pilates Plus on Friday. I do want to finish up Strong & Limber for Life, maybe today.

ROSE, I'm enjoying your reviews. They help me remember which workouts I enjoy. I do remember liking Perfect in 10 so maybe I'll try that one again one of these days.

Have a great day!
Old 08-03-20, 10:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day!

Saturday I went to Planet Fitness for the first time since my state was locked down. I'm worried my governor will shut it down again because of foolish things some people are doing, so I better get some workouts in. My PT gave me a series of exercises for my back that rely on the cable machine. I felt quite safe! They had it retrofitted for more than social distancing and masks are mandatory. The staff goes around with a hotel housekeeping type cart cleaning and making sure people are behaving.

Anyway, I did my cable PT for my back plus weight machines for leg press, chest press, lat rows and pulldowns, and quad raises. At home I did my floor PT plus 35 hip band butt bridges.

Yesterday I cleaned my butt off and ticked off everything on my to do list. I inverted and rested a lot in between, then finished with Soothe & Stretch from Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief, plus 30 butt bridges. It's so hot in my house. My husband has so many varieties of fans going it looks like an old time hardware store in the kitchen and LR. I told him to tie ribbon to them.

Tonight I am planning a non-Unplugged MR. Looking forward to choosing!

Rose - maybe I'll go with Perfect 10, it's been a long time.

Summer, that Core fusion is a toughie.

Best wishes if any of you are in the path of Iaisa - just another day in our 2020 lives, right?
Old 08-03-20, 05:10 PM  
Rose

Hello! No

No workout today. Yesterday was Perfect 10 Volume 2 Section A, an all Mat workout.
Margaret started with Pecs followed by triceps. A decent workout for both. Then abs. Next were outer thighs & inner thighs. This is the only inner thigh workout on the DVD. It was done while on the back with both legs in the air. It was of medium intensity. No little circles at the end to ramp up the pain level. Outer thighs were unweighted but I put on weights. I felt it! Again, medium intensity.

There were a few cons for this workout. Margaret decided to have her co-exercisers demonstrate a few moves. It wasn't terrible but it broke the flow a bit. The next was her outfit. She wore a leotard with maybe nude tights? She looked fantastic don't get me wrong. During some of the moves I thought she might have wanted to cover up a bit more. Usually, I do not care about what she is wearing. I care more about the music. If you care about the visuals, this is a pretty drab set, done in someone's living room? So far, it's been an okay DVD that's good for my level.

Pat- Wow! You are a worker. It's great that the exercises you've learned from the PT are effective. Sometimes I watch PT videos on youtube and wonder if I should set up my own program and do that instead of videos.
Glad you got a workout at your gym. I hope people behave!

Summer Breeze-The Core Fusions are good workouts. How is your back? Thanks for saying you enjoy my reviews! I like to read VFers reviews of their workouts. I find it relaxes my mind, especially with what's in the news right now.

Enjoy the day!

Rose
Old 08-04-20, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I decided to finish up Beauty to the Bone before moving on to Perfect 10. I did workout B-1 and lined up my weights for drop sets. I'm really liking it this way. After that I did 50 stability ball crunches and 30 hip circle butt bridges.

Rose - seriously, some of Margaret's Spandex outfits were a bit much.

I'm so grateful we have this little check-in. I'd be stuck in my heatwave rut for sure, if not.
Old 08-04-20, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

In addition to my walks I did sneak in a Gilad on Sunday. Believe it or not I have never done a Gilad workout before. It was from one of his Fittv shows I think. I liked it. I still need to finish up Strong & Limber for Life. I won't be walking, we have the tropical storm coming through today.

PAT, nice job with your PT exercises at the gym and finishing up Beauty to the Bone. I'm glad you liked the drop sets idea. This is a fun little check-in. I'm in NJ so we have Isiais coming through as I type. Well I think it's just starting where I am so not too bad yet...

ROSE, good work keeping up with Margaret. Some are definitely more enjoyable than others even though they are all pretty similar. I love reading VF reviews. Sometimes I just google old threads about particular workouts I'm interested in and read away . My back is just about back to normal, thanks.
An occasional twinge but that's nothing compared to what it was.

Have a great day!
Old 08-04-20, 10:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Summer - best wishes with the storm. We have a tornado watch and flood warning. Roll eyes! Fortunately for us it is arriving at low tide so I'm not too concerned. I might go to the beach for photos.

Tags
margaret richard rotation