Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-15-20, 06:30 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Happy Monday!

Last week was another roller coaster, but I got a few runs in, including a good 4+ miler yesterday on a nice soft trail along the river.

The yoga workshop I'm doing isn't at all what I thought. I am learning a lot, it's just not what I wanted to learn. I thought it was more of a focused intensive, but it's just part one of the first 100 hours of yoga teacher training. I may or may not do the other 2 parts--I haven't signed up for them, and I don't even know if I can add them on at this point. I don't feel I have the flexibility to be a yoga teacher, but since I started the journey without even realizing it, it might be worth it to finish. The first 100 is all online, but then the remaining 100 would have to be in person at some point.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 11:03 PM  
Vantreesta

After my dad left this morning I ran 2.56 mi for wk5 day3 and my usual post-run practice. Tonight I did Classical Stretch S11E9. I don't think I've been dizzy at all the last two days!

Alison, that's a bummer that the yoga training isn't what you were expecting.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 12:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Before breakfast I did Kassandra's morning yoga movement days 24 and 25. After breakfast and walk I ran 2.8 mi for wk6 day1 and then did my post-run yoga under the tree again. It's such a peaceful spot and so nice with the breeze and shade I didn't want to come in! I'm supposed to do a short weight workout now but honestly I'm starving and want to shower so I will try to do it later.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-17-20, 01:26 PM  
Daphne M

Vannie - My fingers are crossed that your vertigo is going, going, gone. So cute that Cyric was excited to see your dad. I hope it was a good visit. Sounds like you enjoyed your morning run today.

Alison - I love your backyard bootcamp and Fridays at Burke Lake. The flexibility with teleworking is awesome. A fun bonus for me is the vicarious thrill from watching my co-workers discover at-home workouts. Quite a few do Peloton, one does a FaceTime workout with a personal trainer and my boss can now take a mid-morning Mon-Fri group exercise class (moved from her gym to Zoom) with her favorite Saturday morning instructor. Whoever wrote the course description for your yoga workshop did not do a very good job! Oh well.

Me - For no good reason, I fell off the fitness wagon Monday-Tuesday. Despite perfect weather for outdoor exercise, I never did any of my planned workouts. No Monday run with upper body/core, no Tuesday run/walk with lower body and Bosu, no yoga, no stretch, no ... well, you get the idea. Instead I ate big meals and in between I snacked on pita chips and mint chocolate crunch frozen yogurt bars. I finally got myself out the door for a decent 3-mile run this morning. Onward and upward and feeling fine.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 09:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Wed 6/17
21 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 26 Sunrise Feel Alive Yoga Flow and day 27 Morning Yoga for Your Back, YT) W-AM
23 minutes (from Classical Stretch S11E10 Mobility) on TV, 1st time T-PM
25 minutes (from Yoga in Practice S1E11 The Art of Connection-core work) on TV, 1st time
25 minutes (from PT exercises pelvic stability & glute strength) W-PM

Thu 6/18
33 minutes (from 2.8 mi for 10k trainer wk6 day2) W-AM
11 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 28 Morning Yoga to Kick Start Your Day, YT) R-AM
14 minutes (from SarahBethYoga Mobility Yoga for Posture, Upper Back Pain & Rounded Shoulders, YT)
23 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory) W-AM OUTSIDE

I had a really crabby day yesterday. Just everything irritated me. The VHS workout I had planned wouldn't play and then Miranda's claim that you don't need weights to strengthen bones bc your arms weigh smthg just drove me crazy and the news ticked me off, blah blah blah. I finally baked rocky road brownies. The 9x13 pan is already half gone.

Today was better in that I wasn't cranky but I just feel out of sorts and I miss my moms and I miss baseball and I'm tired of our TV shows and my music and I just don't know what to do with myself!

Old 06-20-20, 11:06 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I pulled weeds for a while. My back actually didn't bother me but I've been having pain in some of my knuckles and I had to stop bc they were really hurting. I just finished Yoga in Practice S1E12 and will head to bed shortly. Yesterday I did days 29 and 30 to finish up Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement challenge.

Old 06-22-20, 05:13 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Hi all,
I wasn't good about tracking my workouts last week, but I know I ran Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and ran/walked Sunday. Really more walked. I did a bunch of yoga. I didn't lift or do a bootcamp at all, so I need to work on that. I have meetings this week and can't do my weekday morning runs. It's probably a good thing because my feet have been hurting a lot. I don't want to go back to the foot dr., but I might have to.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-20, 05:20 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Daphne!! I was just wondering about you this morning. So glad you checked in. Sounds like you've had a lot of changes lately and I'm happy to see you back on this thread.

I do think though, that I win the prize for changes, at least negative ones. Ugh. I was just thinking about that today too. Last year I lost my mom, DH battled throat cancer, and then 6 weeks ago I lost my job.

It's been SO strange adjusting to everything. Of course I'd worked from home forever so that part wasn't different, but having the kids here all the time was. Not working was an adjustment. I've started interviewing, and thinking about working, and that's yet another adjustment!

The kids and I don't really go anywhere. DH still works at a hospital overnight so he also does all the shopping. DD went back to gymnastics towards the end of May. DS does online taekwondo for now. I did sign him up for gymnastics camp this week. He'll go T and TH from 9-12, which is exactly when DD is there.

I figured I might as well get in shape while I'm not working. It's around 110 here for the high but mornings are still around 70.

I actually use Peloton outdoor workouts! I did the 90 day trial, and then my brother (who lives in NY) bought the bike and added me to his account. I like the outdoor, core, and cycle workouts. Haven't tried anything else.

DS actually does Peloton workouts! We have the app on our Fire Stick, so he'll pick out a 10 minute cardio every weekday and do that.

I have two job interviews Wednesday--one is a second interview with Arizona State University, the other is with the community college. Neither pay what I was making but I guess I'm glad to have opportunities for now.

That was a lot about me! I did read through the thread and I promise I'll be back for an actual check-in.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 10:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Quick check in. Yesterday was day 3 of the DoYouYoga Strong & Calm Together challenge, 2.63 mile run for wk5 day1 (repeating a couple weeks bc I'm not ready to move on), post-run yoga, Classical Stretch S11E11 and Yoga in Practice S1E14. Today was day 4 of the DYY challenge, 2.66 mile run for wk5 day2, PT exercises and post-run yoga. I wasn't in the mood for CS and yoga tonight. I learned a new stitch last night and started crocheting a hat from a new pattern so I worked on it till 10. I had ten rows done last night but had to take out six rows bc I didn't have it quite right. I only got two rows added back tonight.

Old 06-24-20, 11:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Another quickie. This morning I did Jenny Ford March Across America Utah for the first time and day 5 of the DYY Strong & Calm Together challenge. I overslept and then didn't follow my plans. Grr. I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making food for my father-in-law and had a chiro appt. Tonight I finished my hat. I think it turned out cute.