Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-18, 05:43 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
i had planned to do the entire workout 2x per week and alternate with Cathe's Slow and Heavy (split workout) every other week for my November/December rotation. I'm doing all pilates (reformer/stability chair/arc barrel) and yoga (BB Yoga Retreat with DH, Liquid Asana on my own) through Halloween. Though I may push that to January if I'm feeling particularly happy with my results. I usually start heavy weights in January but have been feeling like I need a muscle boost.

My tracking says I should have GR&J by Wednesday and I will probably do the workout that weekend either way because I need to test the disc (aka I'm weak willed when it comes to new workouts ).

I'm going to keep yoga/stretching sessions during the heavy lifting rotation. Not sure which ones yet.
How much cardio are you going to do? This sounds good as I've been trying to add more yoga/stretching as well.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 06:09 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

RHBrand started a new thread for posting about any other slow and heavy type workouts. I am adding here because I found clips (actual full length videos of Amy Bento's Slow Mo that is OOP).

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=1#post2790780

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Old 09-23-18, 07:37 AM  
Sara1000

The clip at TF shows Jari leading an Abs workout and a lunge segment - are these some of the 7 mini workouts?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 07:46 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
The clip at TF shows Jari leading an Abs workout and a lunge segment - are these some of the 7 mini workouts?
Sara, Jari only leads the warm up. The abs/lunge segment is lead by the tall woman that is in the workout with Robb. (not sure what her name is) Not sure why but Jari sometimes lets others lead in her workouts so I'm thinking Robb let this woman do a few segments of the workout.

Old 09-23-18, 11:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
This does look good, and I am finding that these days I don't benefit from a hundred reps using a lower weight dumbbell. I'm considering the download, since $24 seems a bit pricey. I guess the cost of making the DVD format has gone up. ...
I hope they aren't DVD-R!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 11:39 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
How much cardio are you going to do? This sounds good as I've been trying to add more yoga/stretching as well.
Not much. Unfortunately, I never get as ripped if I add cardio. I love Cardio Coach, rebounding, step and kickboxing but I only add limited amounts for an occasional treat. I do love walking outdoors for relaxation and I do that often (esp in the fall). If I lift heavy a few times per week and then just stretch on off days, I get very lean and cut. I love doing more but it stalls my weight loss/muscle gain every time. I am glad that I can at least choose from numerous stretching dvds (Bendy Body, yin yoga, Elastics etc.) without hindering my results. I love variety!!

I had planned on revisiting Slow and Heavy since it had been some time since my last rotation with it. With regards to heavy weights, I tend to do STS, Edge Booty Extreme and Xtrain Burn Sets mostly. I have done Body Beast a few times (it can be a nice change) but I get better results with Cathe
Old 09-23-18, 11:51 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I was going to buy the download but Jari's site doesn't take PayPal. (I hate that!) I guess I'm off to Mary's!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 12:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just ordered from Mary. Who am I kidding, I can't wait any longer.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 02:10 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I was going to buy the download but Jari's site doesn't take PayPal. (I hate that!) I guess I'm off to Mary's!
That's the only thing holding me back. Shipping a DVD to Canada is expensive - with the exchange rate ordering a DVD from Mary is out of my budget.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-18, 02:12 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I just ordered from Mary. Who am I kidding, I can't wait any longer.
Well at least you have company---according to her "quantity in stock" number, Mary has sold 16 copies in the past 2 days.

Tags
jari, jari downloads, jari love, ripped and jacked