Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-16, 07:57 AM  
hotncmom

Erin Motz Perfect Body Yoga Program

I'm interested but think this seems overpriced. It's another membership site (no downloads, just streaming), but I'm wary after the MyYogaPro situation. I really do like Erin though.

Just for some background: MyYogaPro was a kickstarter run by Erin and her developer husband that promised a lifetime membership to a new yoga site they were starting for people who were willing to fund them. The site didn't turn out as great as they promoted it to be and eventually they sold the content to DoYouYoga.com and abandoned MyYogaPro. I can still access the original classes on MyYogaPro but haven't used it much because most of the classes are not even 30 minutes. 75% of them are 20 minutes and under I don't like cobbling together yoga flows to make a longer practice unless they're very specific about what parts you're working. These are very generic.

So there's some loss of trust already going into this. I had posted in the previous threads about MyYogaPro that I didn't mind investing the $65 because I felt Erin had given a ton of free content and deserved to get paid.

This new program seems interesting but I'm not gung-ho. It's set up as a membership site with streaming videos - there are 12 full-length (30-40 minute) and 4 Bonus Express classes (15-20 minutes). There are also 8 guided meditations. There's also a food guide.

The full-length practices are described as "Evenly split between Upper and Lower Body, and then further broken down for Strength and Flexibility."

I also like that it's laid out as a program with a purpose instead of random practices. I'm assuming you rotate between strength/flexibility for upper and lower body and that there are at least 2 levels of each (maybe even 3). Or maybe all of the practices are intermediate with beginner/advanced modifications shown? Not enough information to determine.

Sounds intriguing, but then there's the price tag: $129 This seems high to me, especially for streaming. If these were downloadable classes that would be a good deal, but for streaming (even lifetime) for 12 practices (not even a hour) and 4 short bonuses (which you can get with any of her Youtube stuff), I just don't feel that this is a good value.

Plus after what happened with their last membership site (pretty much abandoned and merged), I don't have a lot of trust that the "lifetime" membership will extend beyond a year or two.

I was looking at her class library on DoYouYoga and I think it would be hard to pull together a similar rotation as the practices aren't really upper/lower body focused and there are very few of them that are even 30 minutes long. If I were to work my way through the classes, most days they would only serve as add-ons due to length.

Has anyone already bought Perfect Body Yoga or are you considering it?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 10:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I'm interested but think this seems overpriced. It's another membership site (no downloads, just streaming), but I'm wary after the MyYogaPro situation. I really do like Erin though.

Just for some background: MyYogaPro was a kickstarter run by Erin and her developer husband that promised a lifetime membership to a new yoga site they were starting for people who were willing to fund them. The site didn't turn out as great as they promoted it to be and eventually they sold the content to DoYouYoga.com and abandoned MyYogaPro. I can still access the original classes on MyYogaPro but haven't used it much because most of the classes are not even 30 minutes. 75% of them are 20 minutes and under I don't like cobbling together yoga flows to make a longer practice unless they're very specific about what parts you're working. These are very generic.

So there's some loss of trust already going into this. I had posted in the previous threads about MyYogaPro that I didn't mind investing the $65 because I felt Erin had given a ton of free content and deserved to get paid.

This new program seems interesting but I'm not gung-ho. It's set up as a membership site with streaming videos - there are 12 full-length (30-40 minute) and 4 Bonus Express classes (15-20 minutes). There are also 8 guided meditations. There's also a food guide.

The full-length practices are described as "Evenly split between Upper and Lower Body, and then further broken down for Strength and Flexibility."

I also like that it's laid out as a program with a purpose instead of random practices. I'm assuming you rotate between strength/flexibility for upper and lower body and that there are at least 2 levels of each (maybe even 3). Or maybe all of the practices are intermediate with beginner/advanced modifications shown? Not enough information to determine.

Sounds intriguing, but then there's the price tag: $129 This seems high to me, especially for streaming. If these were downloadable classes that would be a good deal, but for streaming (even lifetime) for 12 practices (not even a hour) and 4 short bonuses (which you can get with any of her Youtube stuff), I just don't feel that this is a good value.

Plus after what happened with their last membership site (pretty much abandoned and merged), I don't have a lot of trust that the "lifetime" membership will extend beyond a year or two.

I was looking at her class library on DoYouYoga and I think it would be hard to pull together a similar rotation as the practices aren't really upper/lower body focused and there are very few of them that are even 30 minutes long. If I were to work my way through the classes, most days they would only serve as add-ons due to length.

Has anyone already bought Perfect Body Yoga or are you considering it?
Buyer beware.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 05:47 PM  
amoodygirl

I purchased it at the presale price of $79. I have downloaded all the practices. I didn't know she had a husband - are you mistaken? Perhaps she divorced him? She's engaged to a French guy and is living in Nice, France.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 07:08 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I purchased it at the presale price of $79. I have downloaded all the practices. I didn't know she had a husband - are you mistaken? Perhaps she divorced him? She's engaged to a French guy and is living in Nice, France.

Diane
Yes, I mean her partner/the French guy.

There was a presale? I never saw anything about it and I'm on her email list.

ETA: I just checked and it went into my junk mail!

You can download the practices? Like to your hard drive so you can play them without an internet connection?

How do you like the program so far?
Old 07-03-16, 07:17 PM  
amoodygirl

I downloaded them using the video downloader program on Firefox. I do this with all programs I purchase.

I only have viewed a few of the practices but have not done any of them. I will be starting the program on July 5th.

Diane

Diane
Old 07-06-16, 03:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

After getting burned on her kickstart campaign, I won't buy anything from her ever again.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-16, 03:29 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
After getting burned on her kickstart campaign, I won't buy anything from her ever again.
Which is why I download everything that I purchase.

With that said, the program, so far, is really good. Very different than a traditional yoga program.

Diane

Diane
Old 07-06-16, 05:12 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Which is why I download everything that I purchase.

With that said, the program, so far, is really good. Very different than a traditional yoga program.

Diane
I still want it!! I have all of my newsletters go into a folder that I don't check every day and I totally missed the presale I didn't find out about it until I saw something on Facebook a few days before it launched at full price.

I'm so torn. On one hand, I think it's totally overpriced for 10 30-minute videos and I'm still aggravated about the MyYogaPro stuff. OTOH, I really want it!

Diane, please tell more about how it's different! What I would be really mad about is if it's similar to all of the challenges and MYP videos, because I could just combine those and make up my own 8-week rotation.

We're going on vacation in a couple of weeks so I wouldn't be able to start until we get back anyway, so I'd love to find out more in the meantime.

Still interested, darn it

Tags
erin motz