Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-10, 01:07 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Kathy, you are good. Not complaining at all.

Cycles are funny things. Who knew Jane Fonda and Cindy Crawford would still be cause for discussion when most (if not all) of their productions are on VHS only in the US market.

It really doesn't take any time to add these on. And yours were in alphabetical order when you gave them to me, so that does make it easier.

I am open to any and all additions. I am not filtering them. If you (the universal you) think they need to go on, they go on. I have learned a lot doing it, like the name Tracy at one time was very, very popular, as was Anna and Ana.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 07:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Has anyone mentioned:

ETA - Edited to Add

It took me forever to figure out what it meant as I thought, "Estimated Time of Arrival".

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 07:33 PM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
Laura, that's a great one. I wasn't sure about what ETA stood for until a few months ago and I've been on the board for years!

Maybe also a reference to yayas as people are always asking for links to that board?
Old 01-21-10, 07:50 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaigirl View Post
Laura, that's a great one. I wasn't sure about what ETA stood for until a few months ago and I've been on the board for years!

Maybe also a reference to yayas as people are always asking for links to that board?

I have been to yayas, but like a lot of people, I find it difficult to find/get into/continue to get into. Even though I save everything and have it remember me, it never does. I gave up in disgust a couple of years ago so I have kind of forgotten what it is other than generically another board with less rules and many offshoots.

Tell me what to write, and I will.

ETA: My internet went out in the middle of this (thanks, Comcast). Should I give a link to YaYas?

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 08:48 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Of course there's always the "thutt". That is the little 2 inch area between your butt and your thigh. Sometimes known as the "bu-thigh".
Old 01-21-10, 09:26 PM  
sophie kat

here's another one...

OTOH= on the other hand

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 10:16 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta S. View Post
Sometimes known as the "bu-thigh".
By whom?
I've never heard/seen that (and it's pretty ugly sounding !).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 11:11 AM  
Kathy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
Please make your edits in your first post and have Wendy sticky this to the top of the forum! Thanks for your work - it's really helpful, especially for newcomers!
...And to oldcomers too! I did not know what "IIRC" was. I thought it was some version of "to reiterate-----"

...AND I didn't know what "IRW" was. Can't recall what my my mind decided it was

Great work, paideiamom!
Old 01-25-10, 11:34 AM  
MelissaA

Doms

Is "DOMS" pronounced with a short "O" or a long "O?" I use a long "O," but if there's a correct way, I"d like to know.

Melissa
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 01:17 PM  
Megan
VF Supporter

Thanks a lot for compiling this. I recently came back after a long absense and it took me ages to figure out what all the new acronyms mean. It would be nice if people were more conscious of this when posting - even if they just wrote things out the first time in a thread. Might make it easier for new people to get involved.

This could be even more useful if all the instructors & video titles were linked to their respective review pages. Lots of work for the OP though... would be good to have a wiki for things like this.

Tags
acronyms, dictionary, faq, former sticky, forum feature, forum tip, glossary, lexicon