Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-07, 06:05 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Getting To Know You...

We haven't had one of these threads in awhile. I like knowing a little more about the people I hang out with here at VF. Since I don't like responding to long threads of this type, I'll keep it on the shorter side.

Where were you born?

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest?

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer?

What is one thing you love about VF?

OK. So, I wasnt super inspired in my questions. But, they are things I am thinking about. So, here are my answers:

Where were you born? Kansas City, MO

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? My BOSU Sport! I'm using it to work on lower body strength and balance. It has given my enthusiasm and motivation for my workouts a real shot in the arm!

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? I'll go on vacation at some point. Other than that, I'll be at home working and doing stuff around the house. I'm just looking forward to warm (but, hopefully not scorching) temperatures.

What is one thing you love about VF? I really appreciate the knowledge about fitness I have picked up around here. It's amazing the stuff I will read and then weeks or months later use it in something I am doing. Many times this knowledge is used in my fitness quest. Other times, it's not. I never would have tried Trader Joe's if not for VF!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 06:42 AM  
cherimac

Quick responses. But first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!

I was born in Kentucky.

My newest passion is doing what I like and what works for my body, not jumping on every bandwagon.

We just got back from vacation in Williamsburg, VA so this summer I'll be taking my kids to camps, VBS, etc and plan a trip to the mountains with my family for a conference for DH.

I love the variety of people we have on VF willing to share their struggles and victories. It's really inspiring.
Old 05-14-07, 07:10 AM  
Angep

I was born in small town Wisconsin.

Right now I am in love with my Supreme Pilates, and re-discovering my Firms.

My big summer plan involve buying a townhome. We are calling the bank, insurance and attorney today!!

I love VF, because I always find the newest fitness news regarding new releases and such.
Angep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:25 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Laura--Happy Birthday to you! I think you chose some nice little questions that are a slightly different take on the usual getting to know you info. Here are my replies:

I was born in Philadelphia, PA.

My newest workout discovery is gliding; I like how it works the lower body and gives me a bit of cardio too.

No huge plans for the summer, but since DH and I hired a lawn service this year, I'm hoping we will have more time to just enjoy being outside. We are also going to San Antonio this coming weekend for a business trip for me, and I'll be visiting my family next month in the Philadelphia area/South Jersey shore.

I love VF because it provides me with the opportunity to talk about fitness and exercise, something I really can't do anywhere else.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:28 AM  
Kyra

Where were you born? - Camden, New Jersey

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? My bike!!!

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Doing my first triathlon, and presumably also my second; testing for my next belt in karate.

What is one thing you love about VF? The wonderful, supportive folks in my check-ins!

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:30 AM  
patchworkpenguin

Happy Birthday Laura!

I was born in Dothan AL. {Army Brat}

My biggest interest right now is either getting my Hubby to exercise, {we're getting there}, or rediscovering cardio. I slacked off on the cardio and realized I wasn't having fun anymore. I used to wake up and think "what am I going to do today? ", which morphed into 'oh yea, I have to work out today

Plans for summer include putting up a privacy/dog containerization fence, gutting the bathroom due to a rotted joist, fun things like that....

What I like about VF is that there's always something happening and someone here. You may not be interested in the exact subject that comes up but its nice to know someone is here who shares your interest in exercise and you can talk and relate to on your favorite subject. And all the different opinions "I didn't like 'insert topic or workout here' because of this...." and "I did like 'insert same topic or workout here' because of that exact thing!" It's great hearing all sides, which allows you to make up your own mind. Or just enables you to give it a try.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:46 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Where were you born? In a little border town in Minnesota-but grew up in South Dakota.

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? I learned how to ski this winter and can't wait for the snow to fly to go next winter! I also am loving 30 minute workouts-it's been great to acknowledge that my life doesn't allow for a whole hour right now.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Camp, go to the lake, nothing big.

What is one thing you love about VF? I love that it is an entire community of like-minded people; no where else can I talk about fitness.
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:49 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Where were you born? Minneapolis, MN

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Lots of stuff that is NOT cardio! Finding out I don't need as much has allowed me to fit in more 'different' stuff like Audio Workouts, my newest 'discovery' (after the X which I guess isn't 'new' anymore, or it would have been my answer)

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Vacation to Vegas, which will be the first in 5 years!!

What is one thing you love about VF? Many things, but probably aside from the obvious, the people, it would be that although VF has cost me TONS of money, LOL, buying workouts I would never have even KNOWN about, I spent tons before anyway, but was disappointed more often. Now I have a much better idea of a workout before I make the decision to purchase.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:54 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Hi Everyone,

I was born in St. Louis, MO

My newest interest: Tae Kwon Do. Thanks to the great advice of my fellow VFers 2 weeks ago, I decided to continue to persue my blackbelt. I've now incorporated more back and hip exercises to strengthen those areas to hopefully prevent more injuries. Through TKD I've discovered 1. That even though I consider myself advanced, I defnitely have a lot of room to grow athletically and 2. There is this whole group of martial arts people out there who are in phenomenal shape! My master instructors' bodies are like rocks and the control they have over their bodies is incredible!

Big (and not so big) Plans: Summer trip to Israel to do some incredible hiking and have a VF reunion with Jacqi and Colleen (hopefully! Continue my running and Tae Kwon Do practice.

The one thing I love about VF. I love many things, but what stands out is how everyone is so supportive of everyone else. I think that everyone truly wants the best for each other and we all sincerely try to help each other reach our goals.

Thanks,
Linda
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 07:57 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday Laura!

Where were you born? - Yarmouth, Nova Scotia

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? TJ

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Taking two consecutive weeks off of work for the first time in years!! WAHOOO!

What is one thing you love about VF? The wonderful people and friends I've made. There's always someone to listen and empathize and give you a cyber hug or kick in the pants depending on which you need

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions