Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-20, 06:12 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Pratima: I'm so glad you like the bike. I've been stalking the Dick's website looking for it to come back in stock at ours. Each day more and more within 100 miles get it in stock, but the 2 close by here haven't yet. We have an expensive electrical fix to our house tomorrow, so it's not really the best time to buy a bike, but my birthday is in less than 2 months, so... Your vacation pictures looked so nice! I really want to head out west like I've done the past few years, but I don't think I want to risk anything at this point.

Daphne: Yep, I've been sucked into the Peloton vortex. Yesterday I did the Prince ride with Ally and Emma. It was so much fun! I had the house to myself (which is so rare these days), so I turned it up to 11 and went for it. I've done a few of Matty's core workouts. I couldn't figure a way to do bootcamps without a TM, but duh, do that part on the bike. I'll try it. Glad Nema is doing well with the meds.

Vantreesta: I hope things are coming together a little more for you. I follow a lot of motivational pages on social media, and I keep seeing the quote "you are stronger than you know." I hope you can get the elliptical fixed too. Electronics can be so frustrating!

Me: Yesterday was a Les Mills BodyFlow, a 15 minute Peloton ride and then the 30 minute Prince ride. Today I finished STS Mesocycle 1. Yay! It's my least favorite of the 3, so I'm glad to move on. Then I did a Kristin McGee Peloton yoga. I have her MTV yoga video from forever ago, so I thought I'd give her a try. I still feel meh about it, but I'm so attached to Eoin Finn, and nothing else comes close in my eyes.

I planned to hike again tomorrow with DH and some friends since we'll have no electricity in our house while they replace the electrical box, but the weather isn't looking too friendly. Since there's nowhere to go indoors, I'm not sure what I'll do if it really does storm all day.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 05:59 PM  
Vantreesta

I've had a low day: exhausted, headache, missing my moms. It was hot already by the time we walked this morning and Cyric was only willing to do a mile. I ended up sleeping about a 1 1/2 hours after we got back. I never even did my DoYouYoga challenge like I usually do before breakfast. I was supposed to run today but btwn the heat and low energy it wasn't happening. I was so blah I ate ice cream for lunch and ended up taking another nap. Neither of my teams are playing today so i will try to get to bed at a decent time and hopefully i can sleep after the naps.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 08:28 PM  
Vantreesta

I took another hour long nap this morning after we walked only a mile again. I think it's possible grief is affecting my energy levels. I feel like I'm dealing with it all pretty well but who really knows. Meditation isn't the same as therapy but I think it's uncovering some stuff I haven't dealt with. I did do my quick yoga before breakfast.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-16-20, 12:15 PM  
Vantreesta

I know by reading posts around the forum I am not the only one ready for fall weather! I do miss the longer daylight hours and will soon have to adjust our last walk route but I am so over all the sun, heat and humidity. Ready for a little drier air, 50s for highs and please oh please more cloudy days!!

Yesterday we spent some time with friends and laughed most of the day, which I really needed. No serious discussions just jokes and good times.

Today Cyric and I walked 3 1/4 mi before breakfast. I have a theme today in honor of my great longing for my favorite day of the year, Halloween! I chose spider cider lotion, spider earrings and a spider ring hubby bought me. I wanted one of my Halloween shirts but was too lazy to go downstairs to get one. :eyeroll: I'm thinking of changing my toenail polish too.

I'm hopeful that last week's low energy stays in last week. I won't wish away grief and sadness bc they're a part of life and just have to be lived through but I hate feeling like I can't stay awake. Almost anything is easier to face when I feel more rested.

I want to aim for another goal, committing for this week to see how I do, to post every day.

Old 08-16-20, 01:38 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Vantreesta: Yay for a day of laughter with friends! That can be the best medicine!

We did get our hike in on Friday, 7 miles of up and down hills. Some of the ups were really steep. But I made it, and it was a beautiful park with very few people there. Saturday I did an easy Peloton ride and Eoin's Earth Body Yoga. Today we decided not to run in the rain (then the rain stopped, oh well!), so I did a hard Peloton ride and quick Peloton yoga. Tomorrow brings on STS Meso 2. I remember liking it a lot, but that was quite a few years ago now.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 12:41 PM  
Vantreesta

First thing this morning was the strength exercises from my pelvic stability and glute strength PT (the stretches have now been incorporated into my post-run yoga) and then day 22 of the DYY challenge. We walked only a couple miles after breakfast. It was warm and sunny but there's a really nice breeze. After that I did 2.46 mi for wk2 day2 of the 10k trainer app and then my post-run yoga, which is still mostly from Yoga for Runners but I have added on another 10-15 minutes of poses that feel good. I stretched for longer than I ran! I'm ready for lunch! I didn't make my pancakes yesterday for the week so I just had oatmeal this morning.

Alison, hope the electrical fix went well. I'm jealous of your hikes. I can't get us off our butts on weekends. We haven't hiked in ages. They finally emailed me back about the elliptical but I keep forgetting to send them the serial number and stuff. I'm sure I never registered it so I don't know if that will be a problem.

Daphne, I hope Nema is still having happy days. I wish we never had to tell them goodbye. Even after long hiatuses (is that a word?) I have still kept up with my workout log in my notebook. But I think we know by now I'm obsessive about tracking! I will say though, most of the time now it's the workout and my HRM info and what equipment I used. Most entries don't have much description anymore.

Pratima, how is the job search going? I can't believe how hot you guys have been out there! My brother had to be out in it for 7 hours the other day for a work call (I think he was troubleshooting or smthg). That is nuts!

Thank you all for being so supportive. I try not to feel sorry for myself or complain but some days are just hard.

Old 08-17-20, 02:37 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Vantreesta, I'm jealous you got to hang out with friends! That must have been great. Some days definitely are harder. I swear i cried every night last week. Just stressful with online school, applying for jobs, etc. DH works Sunday through Tuesday nights so by Tuesday evening I'm done. I've read about issues like yours after Garmin came back. Maybe try plugging it in and updating? Mine did a ton of updates when I did that last week.

Allison, I joined a Peloton digital users group on FB a while ago. Someone posted on there when Amazon and Dick's had the Schwinn again so I jumped on it! I guess Best Buy sometimes has it too. I've seen a lot of spin bikes on FB lately if that might work for you. I am really enjoying it!

I too am jealous of your hikes. I can still go, I do OK in the heat, but am missing the north. I was planning to try a Peloton bootcamp with the bike today but decided to try a new DVD instead. I definitely think it's doable!

I discovered Mindy Mylrea made several Schwinn cycling DVDs a while ago. I have two and have tried both. The cycling is pretty tough. Both include lower, upper, and ab segments (which are relatively short) and Mindy is her typical perky self!

I had those three sets of interviews that all fell through. I've started applying again and just finished putting together a sample storyboard for one company. I think the three I heard from last week were all recruiters. Anyway, nothing solid yet. The state did add back some extra funds for unemployment so at least there's that. And in all honesty it would be SO tough to work right now.

I spent half the weekend driving DD around, dropping off cookie dough we sold as a gymnastics fundraiser. Spent the other half working with DD on schoolwork. She fell WAY behind. I got her mostly caught up and am trying to help her come up with a system.

I'm taking some time off from Burn Bootcamp. They, and my regular gym, actually just fully reopened. You have to book workouts in advance but I still have no plans to go back.

Going to do some spin, kickboxing, running, and maybe lighter weights. And swim! I missed lap swim last week and was so sad.

I went crazy Saturday and ran/walked 9 miles! A couple of my friends have goals and training plans so I went with them. We alternated half mile walk with half mile run. It was 87 degrees when we started at 530 AM so that was all we could manage. My feet were sore that day but I actually felt fine yesterday!

Hope everyone is staying cool out there.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 01:07 PM  
Vantreesta

I let myself sleep in till 7:45 this morning. I actually made it to bed a little before 11! I was so tired I didn't even finish watching the Twins post-game show. I always watch it all, from pre-game through post-game. Not last night. Since I got up early we went directly to the walk, a little over 3 miles, and then I made my pancakes and ate breakfast. It's not looking like I'll get in a workout today bc I actually feel fired up to do housework for a change. Whoa!

Pratima, I'm pretty sure my pacing issues on Garmin started shortly before they went down. I have tried figuring out if there's an update available but haven't had any luck. Usually the watch tells me if there is one but I haven't seen anything. I'll try again, thanks. I'm sorry the interviews all fell through. Hopefully the right job is just around the corner. Glad you got DD caught up with school. My friend's grandson had troubles in the spring remembering to turn in his work or sometimes even to do it. Online has different challenges for different kids, I'm sure!

Old 08-18-20, 01:20 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Vantreesta, I laughed when I read you were fired up for housework! It's so true. I was fired up when I first lost my job but the fire has definitely died down. I mean, we all do some cleaning now and then, but the big weekly routine is all but gone.

If you can't figure out the Garmin issue, definitely do a chat with them. They were really helpful when I had issues with mine!

Online school is definitely tough with this age of student. I will say I at least have the advantage of being familiar with the technology. That may be part of why my expectations for my kids are higher though. I can show them how to do things properly so I expect them to do so!

I got up early today and ran WITH PEOPLE! It was awesome. Still hot, even though we had a weird monsoon storm last night (mostly lots of lightning and wind, little bit of rain) that took down trees and left debris on our path. AZ is still a COVID hotbed but I feel like it's OK to meet in small (3 or 4 people) groups. There are a handful of ladies I've seen throughout so am sticking with them.

I also did barre, a Pure Barre DVD I've had for a while. And then posted a lot of stuff on ebay! I am least feeling fired up to declutter still! Not sure how well DVDs are selling these days but I did get rid of a bunch a few months ago.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 02:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Pratima, it's definitely rare that I get fired up to do anything in the house! Oh, I get ramped up sometimes when I'm away and CAN'T do it but as soon as I'm home all ambition disappears. I decided since the routine I had wasn't working for getting chores done I'm gonna try switching it up. Don't want Einstein to claim I'm insane or anything. I have a ton of decluttering and purging to do, which should have been done long ago considering how long I haven't been working.

Depending what DVDs and for how much you're selling them I may be interested. Decluttering and all...hahaha!

Thanks for the tips on Garmin. I hope I can get it fixed bc I really like that feature.

It's good to hear the schools seem to have learned some things from the mess of spring so kids will be more accountable. I'm sure it's an advantage for you understanding the technology even if it does put more pressure on your kids to get it right. In the long run they should be glad!