Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-20, 08:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I think on the decluttering checking we were talking about how some things are easier working from home (like sleeping in longer, not having to drive) and some are harder! Tonight I wound up working about a hour later than I would have if I was in the office. Also, after being in my basement workout room all day as a home office, it's harder to motivate myself to spend even more time down there!

I did wind up doing several segments from Jill Miller's Massage Therapy Kit and then a shoulder Alignment Snack from Katy Bowman. But felt very good after been hunched over the computer all day!

For HUMP DAY, here's a sloth joke one of my yoga students sent me:

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 09:41 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard Unplugged episode 1911. As I've mentioned, I'm trying to follow the Unplugged episodes with a stretching routine, but it didn't happen today. We have a heat wave in store over the next week or so -- I think I need to try to do my workouts a little earlier in the day!

Beth: I like this week's Hump Day joke! Although for me, Wednesday is actually Monday and the start of my work week.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 11:23 PM  
YogaGal

Last week was all Jessica Smith which included an older one I haven’t used in 2-3 years, Better Body Blast: Arms on Wednesday and Legs on Friday. OMG they both got my muscles burning! Last week also included the 40-minute walk from her 30 Day Plan and the HIIT from her 21 Day set. Yoga last week included a couple of sets from RaviAna Quick Fixes and a couple of Sarah Beth yin stretches that helped with those sore stressed muscles.

No workout on Monday, but on Tuesday I picked a favorite KCM dvd, Strength & Stamina; #1 with 2 sets premix followed by RaviAna’s yoga set #1 from Dance the Chakras. Wednesday was Jessica’s 5 Mix & Match Miles: Brain Training and Jog & Jive and RaviAna’s yoga set #2 from DtC.

I start back to work on Monday, August 24, but have a departmental meeting next Tuesday the 18th. We should learn a lot more about how we will be doing our remote library instruction for the fall (it will use Lib Guides which is different from what we did in the Spring and Summer semesters

Sandra: I can use all the motivating quotes I can get, lol! Having this check-in is also a good motivator to move a little bit. And I do remember watching Jerry Rice as a SF receiver back when I watched football in the 80’s.

Beth: A basement office sounds good in that you are separated from the house. My “office” is in the dining room off the kitchen and family room. DH is usually in his office so it is fairly private, and I don’t have children or other house mates running about. Zippy is usually sleeping somewhere. Hope you get your completion certificate for the Yin YTT course soon. My former commute time was about 20 minutes and I agree with Anny that it did help to serve as a transition time. You did have a Loooong Day on Wednesday! Good thing you got in a yoga break at lunch.

Garrie: Interesting that one of your favorites is step! I haven’t done step for a long time as DH has been joining me for indoor workouts while it is too hot for outside workouts (other than the occasional hot bike ride) and his fitness center is closed. I only have one step and I don’t think we’d have room for 2 of us doing step in my exercise room, oops, I guess I should say “our” exercise room. I love weight workouts too. Let us know what you think of Kelly’s new dvds when you have time to try them out.

Paine: Hoping those error messages go away; so frustrating to write something up and not be able to post. Have you tried any new recipes lately?

Anny: Pyramid Training can be good. I learned about it years ago from a Joyce Vedral book and KCM has one I like on Cardio Pump. I can’t find that Jackie Warner dvd on amazon; I wonder if it goes by a different title in the US?

cyana: A few days ago I did an Insight Timer meditation called “Purring Kitty – Chakra Singing Bowl” which was really nice. I always think of you when I do a Bowl meditation.
Old 08-12-20, 11:33 PM  
YogaGal

Beth: LOL at that sloth cartoon!
Old 08-13-20, 05:21 AM  
Anny

Beth thanks for the funny!

Sandra sorry to hear about the heatwave. We had a lovely warm winter day today but tomorrow is rain and cold.

Carolyn a Jessica Smith week sounds lovely

Tonight I did that Jackie Warner Total Body workout again but was able to up the weights on chest and back.
Old 08-13-20, 10:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cathe Muscle Max (Upper Body Premix)

Sandra, I don't like working out in the heat either. It's too uncomfortable.

Beth, I got a chuckle out of your Wednesday funny!

Carolyn, I've been on strike as far as trying out new recipes. For now I'm doing the bare minimum with food prep for the week. Hopefully I'll eventually feel motivated to try out new recipes again.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 09:48 AM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout planned today -- given my new 2-7pm work shift on Fridays I've decided that is my new weekly rest day. When the weather cools I'll try for some short outdoor morning walks on Fridays, though.

Yesterday's Workout: Margaret Richard Unplugged episode 1912. No stretch or yoga.

Carolyn: I'm looking forward to hearing more about the remote library instruction. We are still mainly doing curbside pickup plus a lot of virtual programming. A plan to start allowing the public inside branches (by appointment, for computer use only) was put on hold until Covid rates improve. Oh, and I guess we are going to join you in a heat wave -- over the next seven days or so high temps are predicted between 106 to 110!

Paine: I think a lot of us just have the August doldrums. I know my energy will pick up with fall and the cooler temperatures it brings.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 09:54 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I'm still trying to figure out my own work plan with my new work schedule (now that I have confirmed I will only be going to the office 1x/week). I want to do something at noon, but I will likely be time-crunched some days, and I'm also not necessarily going to have time to change into workout clothing. I am thinking a CS episode (which is what I did yesterday), short yoga, gentle stretching, etc.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-14-20, 08:53 PM  
Anny

A sunny winter Saturday here, though a definite cold feel in the air. I did YWA Morning Yoga for Beginners this morning and housework (functional fitness!). I will walk to the shops this afternoon.

Sandra it seems like Friday will definitely be a good day for your planned rest day. I ended up taking an unplanned rest day yesterday (Friday).

Paine sometimes I just want to cook or eat familiar things and sometimes I want to try new recipes. I made a red lentil dahl with sweet potatoes and baby spinach leaves on Thursday night for dinner after work and it was yummy.

Beth do you have a set day for working in the office each week or will that day vary?
Old 08-14-20, 09:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I am hoping to do a set day, but we haven't finalized the schedule yet. I requested Thursdays. I was also thinking maybe I should do Mondays and get it over with! I took a few classes in college that met once a week on Monday nights, and it was nice to have that class over and done with for the week by Tuesday.

I'm going to another outdoor yoga class tomorrow; trying to keep those up as long as I can.

Follow me @YogiBethC