Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-11-20, 09:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: 20 min maxi glider & 15 min rebounding
~Essentrics: ETV live workout with Alexa & trademark practice with my L3 study group
~ePilates: day 7 Arm & glute mat workout - Emma did the scorpion in this one, might feel it tomorrow!
~Yoga with Candice (YT): Stability ball stretch - I sold my stability ball last year in preparation for the move that never happened. Just got my new one from Amazon yesterday. I’m planning to do some zoom Pilates ball classes with my friend who did the yin classes by the fire.

Pat - It’s just you and me these days, we are the the dynamic duo! Ah yes, the infamous JF and his blossoming buttocks. That was a long fall from Grace! I’m not sure my Glutes are getting gorgeous, lol. They feel worked, but no DOMS so far. We shall see how I am a day or two post scorpion.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam, yeah seems like you and I are keeping the store open. Enjoy your new stability ball. I couldn't live without one, I even use it as a bench for weight workouts.

Yesterday featured:

~ Stephanie Snyder Deep Dive Into Bliss (Glo)
~ Margaret Richard Perfect 10 workout A-1

I sounds counterproductive but a short restorative yoga seems to be the ticket for me in the early a.m. I had to force myself to workout with Margaret in the evening and didn't ramp it up at all, but I'm glad to have done it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 10:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: 2 km walk, 20 min on rebounder, & 20 min on maxi glider
~Essentrics: CS FB 10 min mini stretch, practiced trademark sequences
~ePilates: day 8 Glute & Back Strengthening mat class
It was a nice little rotation and I do think it’s been very good for my low back.

Pat - I can see how a nice relaxing yoga practice would help you feel ready to tackle your work day. Have you done any of the Pilates workouts on Glo? I’m curious as I like the idea of a yoga/Pilates combo subscription. I’m not sure I’ll renew MFML and would like another streaming yoga sub to replace it in the fall.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 08-13-20, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Couch Antidote mat Pilates with Kit Rich (Glo)
~ Some of Jane Fonda's Walkout 1 (got busted when the rest of the staff came out of the courtroom)
~ Mirabai Holland's Moving Free Flexibility 1

My lower body was so sore from the Pilates. It is geared toward helping you recover from all the strength you lose from sitting too much.

Pam - I think you would love Glo. It has a great search engine and you can build your own library of favorites. There's so much of "our" yoga.

Have a great day!
Old 08-13-20, 08:52 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,
I did 30 minutes of a Soul Sweat class and a Yoga Upload 15 minute practice. I did the same on Tuesday but forgot to post.

I will see how my knees feel later (fingers crossed). They feel okay during , but the test is how they feel later.

I will try for personals later.

I hope everyone is doing well.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 10:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics outside on my deck
~Jessica’s 6 Mike Mix - Cardio interval abs mile & c/d
~Neighbourhood walk
~3 sets of 100 kb swings & moves - I’ve gone a bit heavier with my bell

Sherry - Nice to see you! I hope your knees continue to behave.

Pat - Yes we do have very similar taste in yoga! I’ll check out Glo, my sub to MFML is up in Nov. One thing I feel it is lacking is a good search engine.

Back later with today’s workouts....
Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-14-20, 01:21 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I was still sore yesterday but made myself do PT, Perfect Ten workout A-2, hip openers and inverted. The rheumatologist where I get my infusion swung through to check on us this morning - he told me "Well you are looking fit!" I was like, "ME?" "You look like you exercise." I told him I try to exercise every day and he said "I can tell you do." I don't consider myself to look fit by any measure, and feel like such a cripped up old lady, that was such a nice and unexpected compliment out of left field.

On other news, my Fitbit died. I shopped around at Fitbit to decide on one and put a Charge 4 in my cart, then looked at Costco just in case. I was able to get a package deal there with extra bands for less money. Finally able to use the place for something besides gas. I figure, being told I look fit warrants me an upgraded model.

Hi Sherry, nice to see you and that you got a workout in. I hope your knees keep improving.

Pam I'm impressed with your KB swings. I keep meaning to get one. Your Essentrics on the deck sounds nice, too.
Old 08-14-20, 02:09 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pam and Pat. I am taking today off and will try exercise again tomorrow. I want to see if every other day helps my knees heal.

Pat, you deserve the compliment.

I'll post again later.

Sherry

Old 08-14-20, 11:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Pilates stability ball class on zoom with my friend who also teaches yin. This one kicked my butt, might feel it tomorrow!
~Practiced Essentrics trademarks
~Cardio: 20 min Maxi Glider & 20 min rebounding
~Pahla B’s Full Body Stability Ball Stretch (YT)

Pat - You definitely deserve the compliment! I have a FitBit Charge 3, looks very similar to your 4. I’m happy with it & love that’s it’s waterproof.

Waves to Sherry & anyone who stops by!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-15-20, 07:16 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

I cautiously did 40 minutes of a Soul Sweat class. I will do yoga later. The test will be how my knees feel later. This is really frustrating. I need the cardio for the endorphins. They help so much with mood, especially now!

Does anyone have any plans this weekend? We have yet another boring weekend. There's nowhere to go. Two friends may stop by for a socially distanced visit in our front yard. They won't let us know until the last minute though, which is not my preference. Oh, well.....it will be nice to see them, though.

Pam, I really need to dig out my pump and reinflate my stability ball. I have not used it in ages. I have a Cathe stretch dvd that uses it, and I remember really liking it.

Pat, congrats on the new Fitbit! I hope you enjoy using it. I like having the Polar A370. It took awhile to get used to wearing a watch all the time. I had been using a clip on Fitbit until it died. I hope you are less sore today.

Hi to anyone who drops in.

Sherry