Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-13, 05:33 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I can't wait to do this set after baby's arrival.
Congratulations!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 01:00 AM  
lila_says

Cheryl, you really are my fitness hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I am loving these, too, much more than the first set. I am in the minority in that I loved Bikini Bootcamp, too. I have the perfect band that works my triceps and obliques until they are on fire. The only one I haven't done is Bata Barre, which I will do this week, yet, since you said you loved it. These were well worth the money. These workouts work all my muscles and when I am done I feel tighter and accomplished.

I also agree that they are a blend of Tonique, Horizontal Conditioning and Physique 57. My only problem is, I want to do them everyday along with my Tonique.

On yea, my triceps are looking awesome, too. I did Intense this morning and my quads were on fire. I did do Tonique before it, though. I think the wall squats while doing arm work and holding the ball between my knees is what gets my quads on fire. I think the wall squat is at least 6 minutes. I will time it next time. I always keep my squat at a 90 degree angle, too.

Cheryl
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 06:43 AM  
Scbayless

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I am loving these, too, much more than the first set. I am in the minority in that I loved Bikini Bootcamp, too. I have the perfect band that works my triceps and obliques until they are on fire. The only one I haven't done is Bata Barre, which I will do this week, yet, since you said you loved it. These were well worth the money. These workouts work all my muscles and when I am done I feel tighter and accomplished.

I also agree that they are a blend of Tonique, Horizontal Conditioning and Physique 57. My only problem is, I want to do them everyday along with my Tonique.

On yea, my triceps are looking awesome, too. I did Intense this morning and my quads were on fire. I did do Tonique before it, though. I think the wall squats while doing arm work and holding the ball between my knees is what gets my quads on fire. I think the wall squat is at least 6 minutes. I will time it next time. I always keep my squat at a 90 degree angle, too.

Cheryl
When I grow up I want to be as buff and amazing sauce as Cheryl
Old 08-21-13, 09:13 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
They really design the workouts with a woman's trouble spots in mind: triceps, abs, butt/thighs. I have yet to see any of the killer inner thigh work featured in the first set...but they will mix together well. Both sets, i mean.
I agree completely. I pulled out Fusion Mix this morning and OH.MY.GOD. My inner thighs are on fire. I forgot how intense this one is for that. I'm sitting here dom'sing already!

I am going to alternate sets as my cardio for a while now. Bata Barre is on tap for Friday.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 04:45 PM  
edensmom

I did Bata Barre this afternoon. I loved it! This one and Fusion 50 stand out as favorites for me. Of course, I've still not tried Bikini Bootcamp.

The tabatas were nowhere near as dreadful as Tabata & Toning. . But the toning part of the workout was the really incredible part. I love her personality here. When are up on our toes in plie with legs moving in and out and she says "yay! yay! yay!" I laughed out LOUD. I was dying, it was so hard, and she was making me laugh distracting me from my pain. Some really creative moves too. I like the little crab jump out in out in followed by tricep dip. Really burned out my arms. And here is the inner thigh blitz I was hoping for!

This one will be getting a lot of use from me.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 04:51 PM  
thaispice

Oh, why does everyone have to love the new series so much? Reading your praises makes want it so badly!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 05:25 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
I did Bata Barre this afternoon. I loved it! This one and Fusion 50 stand out as favorites for me. Of course, I've still not tried Bikini Bootcamp.

The tabatas were nowhere near as dreadful as Tabata & Toning. . But the toning part of the workout was the really incredible part. I love her personality here. When are up on our toes in plie with legs moving in and out and she says "yay! yay! yay!" I laughed out LOUD. I was dying, it was so hard, and she was making me laugh distracting me from my pain. Some really creative moves too. I like the little crab jump out in out in followed by tricep dip. Really burned out my arms. And here is the inner thigh blitz I was hoping for!

This one will be getting a lot of use from me.
Me too! This is my favorite from the set.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 06:27 PM  
upperwside

I have now done all the videos and love them all!! Nice change for me from what I have been doing. I feel good after.. not pooped out.. so I can have a full day of focusing on running around with my wee ones and not be sore and tired. I am going to do these and the last set along with studio mix till the end of summer then back to heavy lifting. But I like them so much I will mix them in somehow!! I also have to give a thumbs up to customer service as I pre ordered and did not get my order. Sent them an email and they said they forgot to send it in the rush to get them out and they sent it out right away and refunded my shipping. If you are on the fence about this set and liked the last one.. this one you may like better.. get it!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 06:35 PM  
edensmom

So far (though it is probably not fair to say just yet) I think I love the new set more than the first. I think bc of the focus on cardio I burn considerably more calories (so far) than the other workouts. I am burning close to or more than 400 with these...The others I burned 350 or less. Usually under 300. (I tend to always have a low calorie burn.) Plus I like a lot of jumping around and sweating. . I love how the cardio does double duty as toning.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-13, 01:07 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
So far (though it is probably not fair to say just yet) I think I love the new set more than the first.
No!!!!!! I was waiting for reviews between this and StudioMixx and this is not what I wanted to hear! lol
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body