Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-20, 06:24 PM  
ncl

What are you doing to stay positive and sane during COVID?

I would love to hear. I am meditating every day and today I started a gratitude journal. I am also collecting positive stories as well as keeping in touch with my loved ones and friends via texting, emailing, calling, etc.

Someone told me about this in Italy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNxhSe4TiOQ

So beautiful. Made me get all teary. Singing with other people is so fun!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 06:33 PM  
Mickey12

I am paying attention to all the ways people are doing good deeds, no matter how small. Today I stopped at the grocery store and there were many, many people restocking shelves. I stopped to tell them they were doing a great job and that I really appreciated their efforts. When I got to the check out counter, the woman at the register said many employees had stayed late to help get the shelves restocked. It made me tear up. It also helped me realize that being able to do something positive is a great way to feel less helpless and anxiety filled.

Keep looking for the good.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 06:42 PM  
sherry7899

I am taking some breaks from watching and reading the news constantly.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 07:04 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
YES!!! I was in tears yesterday overcome with worry. I need to keep moving, keep active and tune out. It’s overwhelming.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 07:18 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
YES!!! I was in tears yesterday overcome with worry. I need to keep moving, keep active and tune out. It’s overwhelming.
I need to do this, too. I've spent 99% of my time in the past week following the constant updates and feeling sad.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 08:06 PM  
bubbles76

Watching cartoons at night with Tiny Bubble. In fact, I'm late for our toon date
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 08:20 PM  
MsThistlebottom

DH and I started watching episodes of Mr. Bean on Amazon Prime last night. It was just what we needed! I also check in regularly with my loved ones. My mom is 101 and in a nursing home, so I'm particularly worried about her. The staff is doing regular temp checks and completely isolating residents from community dining and activities.

Lately I've started doing Jane Adams' Lying Practice (from Gentle Yoga) after I'm done working for the day. Fortunately, I was already self-employed when the you-know-what hit the fan, and I'm so grateful for the distraction.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 08:20 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Watching cartoons at night with Tiny Bubble. In fact, I'm late for our toon date
I confess to watching the Flintstones on Me Tv.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 08:55 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Going outside as much as possible. It seems that's the one time I'm not inundated by the world's anxiety, fear, frustration, etc.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 09:17 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Since I have to be out anyway, I reached out to a couple of even older neighbors and let them know I would try to get whatever they needed from WalMart if they were nervous about shopping.

I want to restart meditating every day.

I'm trying to hope and believe this crisis will remind us as individuals, communities, and countries what is really important vs. what is just fluff.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19