Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-17, 12:33 PM  
upperwside

Nothing good on DVD anymore!

I am feeling the workout DVD blahs. I love all Cathe does and am still loving Cathe live.. and using it a lot! I love all Kelly Coffey does (but her politics is a turn off for me and I may not purchase anything new in the future). But anything I have bought on DVD the past while is very underwhelming! The new Meta Shred.. blah.. the new Kettlebell Kickboxing workout.. mega blah and the list goes on. I just bought the Unapologetically Strong paper workout and love it.. I love Cathe live.. I love Rippedisim streaming .. I love the new Ript90Fit workouts I am streaming. I love Powerstrike streaming (but very expensive in Canadian $$) All I need to round it all off to be a perfect mix is some fun kettlebell streaming!!

What happened to fun and serious workouts on DVD??!! I do not want to spend $$$100's a month on streaming for the rest of my life!! I know it's the future.. but I love a good old school DVD!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 12:41 PM  
violingal3

Haha - I feel your pain! I've seriously Joni-Oed three DVDs so far this morning and nothing is speaking to me. I think I may pop in old school Firm Vol. 1 and just get on with my day, but I'm having a major case of the workout dvd blahs!!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 02:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I don't want to know what her politics are, but I'm curious as to how you even have that on your radar? Everything I can find from her is all about her videos or working out. Occasionally a little bit about her father being in the service, but that's pretty much on the fringe of politics. Maybe you are friends with her on her private Facebook?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 03:07 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I'm sorry you feel like you wasted your money, specially since we paid so much with shipping and conversion, etc. I'm curious what didn't you like of the new Meta Shred (Extreme)? Did you like the first one?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 03:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I was just thinking the other day how glad I am that most instructors don't comment on politics, so it won't distract me from the merit of their workouts. Because it would So I totally hear you on that!

As for DVDs, while the production of DVDs has slowed significantly, it seems, and I'll never bend to subscription services I can't complain with the moderate volume of DVDs that have come out in the areas that interest me at least (barre/pilates/fusion genre). Like anytime before, the actual DVD may be a hit or miss for me, but the quality seems to be consistent.

ETA: I was just thinking, since I've been amenable to downloads, maybe that's why the decline of DVDs hasn't seemed so bad for me.
Old 02-01-17, 03:19 PM  
Calistro

Do you know, I keep checking to see what is out there in the world of dvds, and the pickings are slim on the ground for real.

This sounds cruel though, but in a way I am kind of glad that dvd production has slowed for my own selfish reasons, one of which means that I wont purchase so much in future hence the feeling of being overwhelmed about which one to do
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 03:22 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
but in a way I am kind of glad that dvd production has slowed for my own selfish reasons, one of which means that I wont purchase so much in future hence the feeling of being overwhelmed about which one to do
I was thinking the same!

ETA: I'm not interested on streaming.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 03:32 PM  
Dabbadooey

Doug Keller talks so much politics on Facebook I unliked him. He forgot all about yoga.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 03:33 PM  
sherry7899

Bee-Kelly quickly deleted the political posts. I have not done her workouts since then either. I apologize for going off subject.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 04:08 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Other than new CS/Essentrics, I've been discovering a lot of good older DVDs. There are some great deals to be had on used DVDs on Amazon.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm