Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-16, 09:03 PM  
lorajc

Help Please from The Firmie's or Firm Lover's!!

I have been grabbing dvds/VHS from my older collection ...looking for some oldies, but goodies and also some stuff that may be easier than what's in my current collection.

I brought a bunch of older Firm's and Fit Prime up tonight (like Christmas...LOL)....so I was wondering.....does anyone have a list categorizing them as far as ranking as to beg/int/adv?

Of course I wouldn't expect you to take time and do it.....just wanted to see if anyone had it done already.

Also.....I'm looking for 2 Firm DVDS (well I had them on VHS) and obviously I got rid of them....and I'm so mad.....ugh...must have as I can't find them anywhere. They used to be too easy for me and they REALLY weren't that popular. They are older.....probably 96? I am not sure....but it was when they were putting those series' out in the plain white covers. Not sure if anyone here will remember. Also, the set had the Cheetah rugs and they were real unique Firm's and nobody liked them (well, except for me) they had different moves and never were popular and were a bomb!! However, I want them, can you believe it? I will trade or PM me if you find them somewhere.

Thanks so much......

Also word from the older peeps on here.....don't get rid of ALL of your DVD's that are too easy.....cuz when you get older, you may be trying to find them!! LOL
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-16, 09:37 PM  
little bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I have been grabbing dvds/VHS from my older collection ...looking for some oldies, but goodies and also some stuff that may be easier than what's in my current collection.

I brought a bunch of older Firm's and Fit Prime up tonight (like Christmas...LOL)....so I was wondering.....does anyone have a list categorizing them as far as ranking as to beg/int/adv?

Of course I wouldn't expect you to take time and do it.....just wanted to see if anyone had it done already.

Also.....I'm looking for 2 Firm DVDS (well I had them on VHS) and obviously I got rid of them....and I'm so mad.....ugh...must have as I can't find them anywhere. They used to be too easy for me and they REALLY weren't that popular. They are older.....probably 96? I am not sure....but it was when they were putting those series' out in the plain white covers. Not sure if anyone here will remember. Also, the set had the Cheetah rugs and they were real unique Firm's and nobody liked them (well, except for me) they had different moves and never were popular and were a bomb!! However, I want them, can you believe it? I will trade or PM me if you find them somewhere.

Thanks so much......

Also word from the older peeps on here.....don't get rid of ALL of your DVD's that are too easy.....cuz when you get older, you may be trying to find them!! LOL
Sounds like you are looking for Prime Powers . I have them on DVD and VHS but I am holding on to the ones I like. Mary has them perhaps Collage also.

I think there is a Firm Compendium on Fitness Favorites.

I am not at home so can't check specific name of workouts.
Old 05-29-16, 09:48 PM  
bubbles76

Yes these are the Prime Powers - Lower Body Shaping and Fat Burning. Be careful of your knees though - one of these (can't remember which as I've only done each once) is a lunge, dip, and squat fest.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-16, 09:56 PM  
SueT

I just ordered these from Collage. They're having a 10 percent off sale and the two would qualify for free shipping.

I also ordered some other Classic Firms on DVD.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-16, 10:26 PM  
lorajc

Gosh...thanks for the answers...and quick ones at that!! I didn't even expect anyone to know! I'm so mad at myself for getting rid of them. I kept a LOT of my older Firm's, yes VHS too......but then once I moved and threw out a bunch of VHS....but I still have a lot too....I think I'm one of the few that still has them....but I still enjoy a tape or 2! I've been going thru my oldie's lately.

Also, these 2 USED to be easy for me.....but that doesn't mean anything NOW.....I did BallAero the other day and I remember I never used to feel anything from the med balls and I was over-joyed cuz my arms got mildly sore from the med ball work!! Now, I'm all excited and have been digging up med ball workouts......oh geez....I'm such a freak!! Oh well....whatever makes you happy!

I ended up ordering from Fitness Favorites as I couldn't find the partner DVD on Collage....so I may have paid a few more bucks their ....but oh well....I better get to listing a few dvds on Ebay to sell to get the money to pay for it!! I can't wait to do them and bring back some more memories!! I have fond memories of Firm days. The Firm and Tae Bo ....my intro into the Fitness World!!

And..........Wow...the memories on you ladies.....yeesh!!! Go ladies go!!
Old 05-30-16, 08:31 AM  
firmaniac

Enjoy your new videos! I've been doing the Prime Powers for 18 years now, and specifically this month with my rotation. My tip for Prime Power Lower Body is that you need to keep track of which side you work. There might be some confusion when Kim switches positions and angles and you sort of have to mirror what she is doing to get even work in both legs. One fun part of PPLB is watching David McLauren (from Classic volumes as a cast member) try not to over smile and crack up when the camera zooms in. He aged beautifully from the days of Volume 3 & 4. Spotting seasoned FIRM instructors in class ( such as Nancy Tucker, Nancy Stevens, Dianne Anderson and others) from the 'olden days' also continue to make these crosstrainers a real treat for me. Have fun!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-16, 08:38 AM  
Carol K

When the Prime Powers first came out, I had also just got my first home computer and discovered this forum and a group of people besides me who did the FIRM. Anyway, everyone seemed to hate them, so I never ordered them. I bought them for the first time last year and I really enjoy them. The lack of leg presses and high-impact makes them good for the older exercisers, which I think was intended, but they are both a good workout in any case.
Old 05-30-16, 01:20 PM  
MoFirmer

I love the Prime Powers! For me the background and the music shows Anna's quirkiness! She just had "IT" when designing workouts. I really enjoy them!
Old 05-30-16, 05:21 PM  
lorajc

Yes I loved the zebra rugs and background....can't remember the music. However I remember loving the workouts and them not being popular.
Old 05-30-16, 05:28 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I absolutely hated the Prime Powers when they first came out. The awful set and music! Ugh! I couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

I've had them again now for about a year and do them every once in a while (so many Firm workouts/only so many days in a week). I wonder how many other workouts I'd actually like now that I got rid of years ago.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm fat burning, firm lower body shaping, prime powers