Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-20, 09:36 AM  
sherry7899

My husband said he read one of the reasons for baseball being suspended for the season is that the training is interrupted. The players could really risk injury if they can't keep up training.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 09:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My six month dental hygienist appointment for next week was postponed until late September!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:23 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
My six month dental hygienist appointment for next week was postponed until late September!
My household had 3 optometrist, 1 dentist, and 1 orthodontist appointments scheduled in April. I'm sure I'll be doing some rescheduling! (I hope my contact lenses will last me!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:27 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
...ETA: here's a fun video for MASH fans!...
MASH guide to coronavirus
That is very clever and funny! Thanks for the link!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:51 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
My household had 3 optometrist, 1 dentist, and 1 orthodontist appointments scheduled in April. I'm sure I'll be doing some rescheduling! (I hope my contact lenses will last me!)
I am using my last left contact lens. I had one rip. I had asked if I could get a sample lens and they said no. My eye exam and contacts will not be covered by insurance until after 4/25. I have a spare right lens, but it is a stronger prescription .
My glasses are old and not strong enough.

My dh had a physical scheduled for the end of April. They said they would contact him to move it, but we have not heard back.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 11:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I had my annual gyno and mammo exams due in April. I guess I'll be postponing them for awhile.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 11:28 AM  
fanofladyvols

Turns out my kitty's food and litter are non-essential essentials.
To the locust, or locusts, buying it all up, shame on you for making me and my furbaby stress! My race around town for the last few weeks finally resulted in me finding some but not before the both of us got really anxious. Shame!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 12:00 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I had to cancel my physical, mammo, dental cleaning and chiropractor due to a family emergency and now who knows when I'll be able to get in, particularly for the physical and mammo that were technically due the end of January. I'm also due for my annual eye exam in April and hubby is overdue for eye and dental. I'm just glad I was able to get Cyric heartworm test and vaccinations done before they switched to curbside only bc I don't know how he would have done without me in the room. He has to have a mild sedative to let them do their thing as it is. Now I need to figure out a way to safely self-adjust my neck since I don't want to go to the chiropractor right now even if they're open.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 12:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
My husband said he read one of the reasons for baseball being suspended for the season is that the training is interrupted. The players could really risk injury if they can't keep up training.

Sherry
Yes, I'm sure they probably would need a month of "spring" training whenever they are able to start up again. I fear the season is likely to be cancelled but I am holding on to hope that we will see our boys play in 2020!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 12:22 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am using my last left contact lens. I had one rip. I had asked if I could get a sample lens and they said no. My eye exam and contacts will not be covered by insurance until after 4/25. I have a spare right lens, but it is a stronger prescription .
My glasses are old and not strong enough.
Yikes! That would make me a little stressed! I only wear contacts -- glasses give me terrible vertigo/motion sickness. I do have an extra pair so I should be okay until May (or beyond, if here's no probs). Will they not even sell you a spare? Last time I had to do so, it was like $10 (but it was years ago...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19