Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-20, 07:26 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
One of my dogs loves the library. He always leads me there and walks right up to the automatic door. They do not allow dogs but he wants to go in badly. He will just sit there and stare inside. I don't know what he thinks is inside for him!
He probably senses your demeanor is different when you come out of the library or get home with library books. Dogs are incredibly intuitive and he probably figures if you're happy when he smells the library then it must be a pretty great place to be! My dog D'Argo was very reactive to other dogs and, especially when he was younger, he could take the enjoyment out of a walk by his reactivity. I used to talk to my mom in the phone on our walks and there was no change in D'Argo's behavior, as one would expect. But when I called my dad while we walked, D'Argo was calmer, even when he saw another dog. I love both my parents but my dad just has a much more calm and laid back personality (where my mom is more like me, sometimes high-strung) and I think D'Argo must have sensed that I was more relaxed so then he was too. It was so cool to me to see bc it's not like he could hear or see my dad. My dad loves to tell people about that and it makes me happy to hear him tell it.

D'Argo and Chianna used to get so excited about Fleet Farm sacks bc they knew I bought their treats and stuff there.

I could talk about my dogs all day but to stay on topic, I'll say that even though I like ice cream I don't usually crave it, but now that we're shelter in place I can't stop thinking about and craving Dairy Queen! We could have bought ice cream when we got groceries but we're trying not to splurge too much during the uncertain times. But I would say my essential nonessentials are elbow macaroni so I can have my garlic buttered macaroni (go to food for comfort or after we've been away from home) and a fully stocked baking shelf so I can bake cookies and yarn to keep my hands busy enough to not scarf down said cookies!

ETA; Oops, sorry for the novella!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Vantreesta, could you share your garlic buttered macaroni recipe? Sounds amazing. I sometimes make spaghetti and saute some garlic in olive oil and pour that over the spaghetti. So simple but soooo good.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 08:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Vantreesta, could you share your garlic buttered macaroni recipe? Sounds amazing. I sometimes make spaghetti and saute some garlic in olive oil and pour that over the spaghetti. So simple but soooo good.
No recipe needed! I just boil macaroni, drain it, add a bunch of butter and garlic salt. Voila! Sometimes I sprinkle grated parmesan as well for my form of mac & cheese.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-29-20, 08:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
No recipe needed! I just boil macaroni, drain it, add a bunch of butter and garlic salt. Voila! Sometimes I sprinkle grated parmesan as well for my form of mac & cheese.
Oh yummy!! Definitely going to make that this week. Thanks!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 08:49 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
This just made me incredibly happy for some reason :: Thank you for the lift; it's been a tough week.
I'm glad the story of my doggie brightened your day! He makes me very happy with his goofy personality!
Old 03-29-20, 09:59 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Sounds delicious!! Thanks!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 10:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Oh yummy!! Definitely going to make that this week. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
Sounds delicious!! Thanks!
You're welcome! If we don't make supper and I can't decide what sounds good I make this! When we do our canoeing/camping trip each year and eat nothing but dehydrated food and no showers for most of a week, the first thing I do when we get home is shower and the second is make garlic buttered macaroni!

Old 03-29-20, 10:11 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
This is my girls fave dinner: noodles with butter and parm. It's what I tend to make them when DH is working late and I don't want to cook, lol.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 10:41 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Our local legislators have to decide which businesses are essential and need to remain open.

There was debate about whether strip clubs are essential. Happily, they decided that no, strip clubs are not essential.

What a world we live in!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 11:55 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
This is my girls fave dinner: noodles with butter and parm. It's what I tend to make them when DH is working late and I don't want to cook, lol.
It sounds pretty popluar; I wonder why people I know seem to think I'm weird about it?? Hmm...maybe THAT'S not the part they think is weird!

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19