Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-20, 05:13 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I actually exercised today rather than just thinking about it. I did a walking workout by Heather Pace {not great} and an add on quickie with Jessica.

the sun came out for a little while so I threw the Frisbee for Cindy while sitting in the sun for a while. Pretty much the sun would shine, then I would go outside and it would duck behind a cloud, then I'd go inside, and it would come back out. repeat. It was nice to get outside even if the backyard is a big mud pit. More rain tomorrow.

SB, my mom had a appointment today that she didn't want to go to but then this morning the Dr office called and cancelled. I think that's best in the long run. Its frustrating that you can't get a hold of anyone in the office or that they won't return your call. Hope you hear from them soon !

Cambet, Wow! that is a marathon cleaning workout! good job. I should be so motivated! I'm not, but I should be. With Hubby home to help me I should be getting those hard to reach and hard jobs done so he can help me. Ha ha.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 07:47 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Though I have a ton of stuff to do, yesterday after my morning and afternoon Zoom work meetings I found that I was not very productive and I had moved very little. By 9:00 pm I only had about 2000 steps , so around 10:30 pm (I don't know what I was thinking ) I decided to do a Country Heat marathon to make it to 10,000 steps before midnight. I did Giddy Up, Down and Dirty, and Trail Ride (although by the end of TR, I was tired and pretty much just going through the motions). I made it to 11,000 step before midnight, though!

I need to go to the grocery store this morning and answer some emails, but I'm planning to get back on track with JMBR later today.

Penguin - Yay for getting in a workout! Sorry that the weather didn't cooperate with you and Cindy yesterday. We're also expecting more rain today.

Waves to All!
Old 03-24-20, 10:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Since I couldn't walk yesterday with the cold, rain/snow mix, I did segment 1 from Do More Pilates Standing which said upper, balance and core. However they did have you do some squats and lunges too but I kept them shallow and it was fine. Today is sunny so I'm planning a walk and hopefully more. I finally got the darn stitches out and they said everything was fine with the biopsy report. Finally that's out of the way! So I'm back to my usual exercise routine for now.

PENGUIN, nice job exercising and getting outside with Cindy. Yes I think it's for the best that your mom's appt was cancelled. Thankfully there were only a few people at the derm office and we all sat far apart. All the workers at the office were wearing gloves and face masks. I wasn't there long and now it's over finally! I got a text from our dentist and they cancelled DD's appt for tomorrow. It was just a cleaning so not a big deal.

CAMBET, nice job getting in all those steps late at night!

Waves to all!

summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 03:26 PM  
CabCalloway

Hi All, it's been quite a while.
With my gym closed due to you know what, I have been biking around my neighborhood, using some free weights, and of course, dog walking.
Stay safe.
-CabC
CabCalloway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 06:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

As of 6pm this evening Memphis is pretty much shut down. Grocery stores are still open but the city leaders have asked that we only go to them and our for walks etc. The rest of the stores have shut down for the next two weeks. So we spent today running as many errands as we could. Including buying the last bag of Cindy's favorite dog food. Pet stores can remains open because they are considered food stores but we were glad we went. So I consider that my workout today. Along with a few loads of laundry and vacuuming the house.

Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be nice so we are hoping to get out of the city and find a open park or two. We plan on calling first to see what's open, but Thursday its supposed to be sunny with a high of 80. About time! The ground is so saturated we have a lake in the backyard and the little boy next door ran across our front yard and lost his shoe in the mud. Dad had to come over and dig it out. Poor kid.

Cambet, congratulations on all your steps! I bet the exercise felt good after sitting all day.

SB, I'm so relieved to hear your good news!! Always a relief to hear the report!

Cab, good to hear from you.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 08:53 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

It sounds like you had a busy day, PP. Yes the shut-downs are in full force where I am, too. I'm ok with it if it helps shorten the whole thing.

CabCalloway - Welcome!

SB - I'm happy you got a good biopsy report. Phew!

Yesterday: STS cst, 45 minute walk
Today: STS lower body, KV Stretch and 50 min. walk
Old 03-25-20, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 51 minute outdoor walk and some push ups and planks.
Today is cloudy and damp so I'm not sure if I'll walk or not. Either way I would like to do some weight work, including lower body finally .

CAB, nice job keeping active with your gym closed.

PENGUIN, glad you were able to get your errands done. I hope you can find an open park to visit in the nice weather. I drove by my favorite park on my way home from the doctors yesterday and they had it barricaded closed to cars.
I could have parked on the street and walked in the park but decided not to.
I suppose they are trying to discourage people from using the park so it doesn't get too crowded. Makes sense.

NORA, great job keeping up with your workouts!

Waves to all!!
Old 03-25-20, 10:28 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I kept putting off my workout and then I fell asleep before getting it in.

Today I got up and did Workout 1 of JMBR. I tacked on a 15 min JS walk (Energy Boost from 5 Mix & Match Miles).

SB - Good job with your walks, as always! So glad to hear that everything was fine with the biopsy report.

PP - Glad you were able to get Cindy's food. You reminded me that I need to get back to cleaning the house (I also need to do some laundry and vacuuming! ). Today is supposed to be mostly sunny for us also; I'm looking forward to it!

Nora - Good job with your workouts, also!

CabC - Welcome!

Waves to All!
Old 03-26-20, 08:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

It was damp and rainy yesterday so no walk. I did SS Keep It Up and it felt great to finally do some lower body work. I do plan a walk today since it's supposed to be a nice day.

CAMBET, nice job getting your JMBR workout in. I saw a funny quote on fb where someone said something along the lines of being too busy to clean the house obviously wasn't the reason. It was worded much funnier than that but that's the gist of it.

Waves to all!!
Old 03-27-20, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did SS exp Cardio Sculpt Express plus 6 min abs. In the afternoon I did a 53 minute walk, the first mile with DH. It was a delightful spring day.
Today is supposed to be nice again so I am planning a walk this afternoon and hopefully some weight work.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Have a great day!!