Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-20, 03:24 AM  
suzannaerin

Possible Phishing

Beware, I got an email allegedly from Netflix, advising me that they were canceling my account due to an issue with payment. Suspicious, I did not click on the link and instead, logged into my account. I had paid my bill on the 17th, so this was an obvious scam. Be careful if you get any weird emails, do not click on links! Sick jerks, trying to scam people at a time like this
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 03:46 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

in the past 2 weeks our IT department sent out a general warning about scams like the one you mentioned. there are all kinds of scams going around about corona virus cures too.

of course, everyone here is savvy, but elders or those whose second language is English are most vulnerable.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 04:31 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Beware, I got an email allegedly from Netflix, advising me that they were canceling my account due to an issue with payment. Suspicious, I did not click on the link and instead, logged into my account. I had paid my bill on the 17th, so this was an obvious scam. Be careful if you get any weird emails, do not click on links! Sick jerks, trying to scam people at a time like this
I got the same email last night. I knew my account was paid because I get alerts from my credit card company each time my card is charged so I deleted the scam email.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 07:27 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just got an email today supposedly from Amazon saying my account is closed because they detected an unlawful login. Just click on the sender’s name and look at the sender’s email address. Obviously, it’s bogus.

Here’s a recent thread on these scams. There are so many and, unfortunately, some people are so gullible that it keeps these scammers going.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=Phishing
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I also got the Netflix email, the Amazon one and several from Chase bank. I've been getting them even before this current corona virus situation. I just delete them all without clicking on anything. So annoying.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 09:00 AM  
sherry7899

We have been getting those phishing emails for Netflix for over a year. I reported them to Netflix, but they keep coming.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 11:45 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
We have been getting those phishing emails for Netflix for over a year. I reported them to Netflix, but they keep coming.
Kinda like those phone scams supposedly from the IRS. Sorry if my topic was redundant!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 11:49 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Kinda like those phone scams supposedly from the IRS. Sorry if my topic was redundant!
It's always a good reminder that we must remain vigilant. New and "improved" scams come up all the time. If these scammers used their creativity in more productive ways they could possibly make a fortune legitimately. Thanks for posting.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 11:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
I agree it's a good reminder because more are popping up all the time.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 12:37 PM  
sherry7899

It is always good to post reminders. Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
netflix, phishing email, scams