Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-20, 06:33 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I hear you, Sherry! Our refrigerator, although only about 5 years old, appears to be on its last legs. It was a lemon from the beginning and I would discourage anyone from buying SAMSUNG refrigerator. Quality sucks and so does the service.

Speaking of not wanting extra steps while inside: Couple of years ago, we had a smoke detectors go off in our FOUR STORY home at 2 am. We could not determine exactly which one was the faulty one (no fire) so at 2am we were running up-and-down the stairs to find the problem. Within less than one hour, my fitbit showed I've done 34 floors! Normally I would be happy. Not that time!

Good luck with new washer!
Old 03-25-20, 08:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Ugh sorry Sherry! These things often happen at the most inconvenient times!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 09:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sherry, sorry you're out of a washer. But glad you were able to streamline the rather painful process with your repairman's help.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 08:49 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Never a dull moment. I am glad the Lowe's wasn't crowded for you.
We have a local mom and pop appliance store. If that happened to me while we are in COVID-19 lockdown, I would call the owner, discuss the pros and cons of different models, pay over the phone and have them deliver it.

When our refrigerator broke down as we were leaving town to visit my FIL in a hospital in another state after my MIL died (the most stressful time of our life) I called these guys to repair it while we were away. We had a friend let them in. Appliances are probably more expensive there than at Lowe's but I never look anywhere else because these guys are a treasure.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:53 AM  
sherry7899

Leslie, that is awful timing! Our repair guy suggested a washer that is exclusive to Lowe's. I wish we had a local place like yours.

Lowe's was great! They called last night to say our delivery window was between 9 am and 1 pm. They called this morning at 8:25, saying they would arrive soon. They were here by 8:55 and had it all done by 9:10 am. They even started the machine without my asking to show that the machine worked. I have the first load going now.

The machine is a little louder than our old one, but we bought a tray to go under the machine, so that might be why. I don't care as long as it works!

Dana, I am so sorry about your fridge! We had the same fridge for twenty years, and when that died less than three years ago we bought an LG brand. Less than three years later it was making really bad noises. I called our reliable repair guy and when he asked which brand we had, he groaned when I told him. He said he normally does not work on LG refrigerators, but he would do it for us. He said they were "made like crap and should have stuck with making phones. " Sigh...wish we had asked him what to get before we bought ours. He said LG knows there were problems with the fan because instead of selling individual parts for the fan, you can only get an ENTIRE new fan.

In the past three years we have replaced our refrigerator, washer, dryer, microwave and dishwasher. The only original appliance we have from when we bought our house new in 1997 is the stove. We have replaced the water heater and air conditioner already. I bet the stove will die sometime this year!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 09:08 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
In the past three years we have replaced our refrigerator, washer, dryer, microwave and dishwasher. The only original appliance we have from when we bought our house new in 1997 is the stove. We have replaced the water heater and air conditioner already. I bet the stove will die sometime this year!

Sherry
Sherry- I hope you didn't just jinx yourself about your stove!
Old 03-27-20, 09:11 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Sherry- I hope you didn't just jinx yourself about your stove!
We fully expect it to die this year!

Old 03-27-20, 05:34 PM  
LAC

Sorry about your washer Sherry. It stinks that appliances aren't made to last or be repaired anymore.

Usia, I'm bummed to hear that Samsung refrigerators aren't good. We bought one last year. Our choices were Samsung, one other brand I can't remember, or remodeling the kitchen to make something else fit. We have found that everything is "super sized" now and won't slip into the same space our older appliances are being taken out of.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 05:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thank goodness it worked out as well as it did. Often, the delivery is the weak link. It's great that they did so well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 06:22 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Sorry about your washer Sherry. It stinks that appliances aren't made to last or be repaired anymore.

Usia, I'm bummed to hear that Samsung refrigerators aren't good. We bought one last year. Our choices were Samsung, one other brand I can't remember, or remodeling the kitchen to make something else fit. We have found that everything is "super sized" now and won't slip into the same space our older appliances are being taken out of.
Lac, that is what we ran into when looking for a new fridge. We do not like the side by side refrigerator and freezer, and even if we did, most of them are HUGE and we have a good sized kitchen. There are not many choices of the traditional freezer on top design anymore.