Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-20, 08:51 PM  
sherry7899

Cyana, have you seen the documentary "Chicago: the Terry Kath Experience?" It is on Amazon Prime, and it is excellent .

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 10:54 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning,

Pam, I hope your son is home now.

This morning I did:

-Yoga Upload morning practice 15 mintues
-15 minutes of an NIA class (forget the name)
-15 minutes of Body Groove Dance Your Heart out class #1

I may do another 15 minutes of cardio later, or that might be it. I'm tired.
I did rack up over 7,000 steps yesterday without doing cardio or leaving the house!

Sherry

Old 03-23-20, 11:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

DH and I walked a little at the beach, then a second walk to the lighthouse point and around. Both of our backs are hurting. I made myself to some PT.

Waves everyone! Stay well!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 02:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi friends. Not so peppy today. I got laid off from my job on Friday. Yeah my work-from-home job was cut because the company I work for had to temporarily shut the doors on their physical store and they cut 32 out of the 50 employees. Me being one of them.
I'm having a hard time. I know it's only temporary...I hope. I've been on the phone with bill collectors and filed for unemployment right away so I hope it won't be too much of a burden financially. My husband is disabled and only has his disability.

I can't seem to concentrate much today. I haven't done any Yoga yet and only managed about 10 minutes of meditation this morning. I know I should rely on this to get me through so am going to try and recenter myself.

Hugs to all. I hope you all stay well and safe. I'll be back.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 02:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oh Kate, I’m so sorry! (((Hugs))) I hope you get unemployment set up ASAP!

Pat - Sending healing thoughts to you and your DH.

I taught a virtual Essentrics class this morning again. Planning a walk & some yoga later....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 07:22 PM  
cyana

Kate - Big ((hug)) to you. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you positive energy.

Sherry - Thanks for the heads up on the Terry Kath video - I'll definitely have to check that out.

Pat - Your walk sounded nice. It was another gloomy day in paradise. I'd better start checking for webs between my toes during my daily bathing!!

Pam - Hope you got your walk and yoga in today.

Getting ready to head off to the bedroom for some yoga.

Stay well.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 12:38 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a bust exercise wise, just practiced some Essentrics trademarks. But it was a very happy day for our family....DS2 & DIL arrived home from Ireland late last night! We are soooo happy & relieved! We met them at our city condo, kept our distance, & after a short visit we tossed them the keys. It was so hard not to hug them! We left them well stocked with food and essentials and drove home to the house. Their trip home was long and arduous and two weeks rest in isolation is very welcome.

Today’s offerings, rained off & on so a walk didn’t happen...
~Taught a virtual Essentrics class
~Leslie’s Tone Every Zone: Upper Body circuit
~ePilates: Become Aware of Your Imbalances - This was a low key full body workout with a focus on being aware of body symmetry and imbalances. I quite liked it & so far this site a winner.
~my own yin practice

Emma from ePilates posted a link to a free 14 challenge. So far, and I’ve only done two workouts, I quite like her style. Here’s a link if anyone is interested.
https://epilatesonline.com/free-quar...-pilates-pack/

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 09:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

At long last I did some yoga last night. My favorite yoga teacher conducted a VinYin class via Zoom. 48 people from the studio including the owner, various SOs, cats and dogs participated as well. I think a lot of us cried. The teacher gave a talk about how fear is living in tomorrow and we should try to live in each day as they come. It was cathartic.

I also liked it because A - I love the teachers and the studio and it was fun to do it live and see my friends from the studio - despite the fact that Zoom sucks; and B - nobody could see me stumbling through my efforts to modify the vinyasa half.

It was supposed to be an hour class but it went almost two hours with all of the love floating between our various devices. Many yoga cats and dogs said hi at the end.

Pam I am so relieved for you that your DS and DIL are home safe and sound.

Cyana - LOL - I hope you remain web free. We go through periods around here that we begin to grow moss.

Oh Kate - {{{HUGS}}} - I'm so sorry to hear it. Please let it be temporary and I hope you get back to work ASAP. This whole thing is simply horrible. I don't think we've seen anything like it in our lives. I've been wondering - I understand about "flattening the curve" but did they start the furloughs and layoffs too early?

Nice job on your steps Sherry!

Stay safe - stay well, my friends.
Old 03-24-20, 09:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Whelp, my husband was just told to go home from his minimum wage job delivering auto parts. None of the garages are ordering. Boss told him to check back next week.

Live in today .... live in today ... live in today ...........
Old 03-24-20, 12:05 PM  
sherry7899

Hi and good afternoon.

Pam, I am so glad you could see your son and DIL. It must have been a relief, but so hard not to hug them!

Pat, your yoga class sounds wonderful! I am happy you have that option available. I am so sorry about your husband's job.

Kate, I am so sorry about your job-hugs I hope it is temporary.

Cyana-hi!!

Lousy sleep again last night. Sigh....

My energy is just crap for exercise and in general. I did twenty minutes of an NIA class and had to give up. I had to go to the post office to mail some Amazon orders. It was really weird out there. The traffic is a lot less and people just look so tense. I managed twenty minutes of a Soul Sweat workout when I got home. I used to do an hour of cardio. Now my brain can't process choreography and I run out of energy.

I did a short meditation this morning. I will try for yoga later.

Hugs,
Sherry