Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-17, 03:55 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
I didn't like what little I've heard of Kelly's political views, but she is such a mainstay of my workout routine that I sort of just put my fingers in my ears & say, "blah, blah, blah" loudly so I don't have to think about it.
I do the same thing! Please, I don't want to hear any more of her political views! I haven't heard much (thank goodness) and I really like her workouts that I have so I'll continue to do them unless I hear her saying something really crazy.
Old 07-04-17, 03:58 PM  
eeyore

I'm not very good at expressing myself, because I tend to ramble and the right words are slow to form. I'm sad that the tangible form of workouts seems to be disappearing. It's too easy to invest in streaming or downloading and then somehow lose it all and have it disappear into thin air. I think the Workout market has gotten so overwhelming. It's not that hard for workouts to be marketed that are not all that innovative but the producers are still feeling the pressure to be competive. It is a market that exploded in the last 30 years and at this point it is practically impossible to find anything new and fresh. It also gets further complicated in that the age range of the market is probably twice or more of what it was in the eighties. I think back to the evolution of what I've seen from tv to audio cassettes to albums to VHS etc and I feel all the fun slipping away.
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 04:04 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Please leave politics out of the discussion or the thread will have to be closed. Thanks.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 06:00 PM  
firmaniac

Eeyore, I agree completely. One funny: I recently bought Tony Horton's original Power 90 dvds (6 wo's) and he did that gimmic where a lot of the screen is taken up w/ graphics/motif. Certain other works from that time did this (QuickFix, Tracie Long's yorktown set and others), and back then it was so novel & fun.

Now? What is new? I want to support my favorite instructors. I have the disposable or dedicated income for fitness, but I'm not spending like I used to.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 07:25 PM  
eeyore

Right, Julie! Even though we sometimes grumbled about the "gadgets" I still miss that. And the nice bound colorful books with the food plans and rotations now you gotta go through printing that all yourself and the quality isn't the same. But that's progress and technology and the instant gratification with the electronic versions
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 08:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I just saw on fb yesterday that Margaret Richard is thinking of going the streaming route since she wouldn't have to raise as much money that way. She asked for people's thoughts on that.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 08:39 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I just saw on fb yesterday that Margaret Richard is thinking of going the streaming route since she wouldn't have to raise as much money that way. She asked for people's thoughts on that.
Drat! I was hoping she would release dvds. I will have to check Facebook. I hope will offer downloads.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 08:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Drat! I was hoping she would release dvds. I will have to check Facebook. I hope will offer downloads.
I don't remember all the details but she may have mentioned that dvd and downloads would be available too. I may be wrong though because it doesn't make sense to save money with streaming and then still have dvds and downloads too.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 09:14 AM  
sherry7899

SB-I did watch it. I think she meant the workouts she already has released will still be available for dvd/download. It seems like any new material would be streaming only. I'd rather buy downloads and have them forever. I am curious about new material from her, though.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 09:18 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
I am BEYOND disappointed that Ilaria is no longer doing DVDs. I love all of her workouts that I have, but I am sick of doing them and have stopped because I don't want to start hating them. I've considered trying her workouts on the streaming, but I hate that if I like one particular workouts I'd have to keep shelling out the monthly cost in order to keep doing it. She really should offer them as downloads for a price so we can keep downloads of the ones we like. Sigh.
Wait, what? When did this happen? I love her Powerstrike workouts. Did she say that she was only doing streaming?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm