Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-18-19, 11:58 AM  
suzanne63

Heart stents and exercise after surgery

Hi I will be have a heart cath to see if I need a heart stent.has any one had this surgery and what exercise is recommended after I heal my surgery I am very scared about this.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 12:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
Hi I will be have a heart cath to see if I need a heart stent.has any one had this surgery and what exercise is recommended after I heal my surgery I am very scared about this.
I have never had the procedure, but as a retired nurse my advice would be to talk to your doctor and follow his recommendations.
Best wishes & hope all goes well!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 12:22 PM  
suzanne63

Thank you.i have talked to him and he said to work up slowly after I heal from surgery.i was just please wondering if anyone has been though this and what they do for working out safely.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 12:30 PM  
Mickey12

My husband had a heart catheterization and 3 stents placed in July. He had cardiac rehab afterwards which consisted of aerobic exercise 3 times a week with nurse supervision for 3 months. He finished that in November and was cleared by his cardiologist for regular exercise with the caution of "nothing crazy". He joined a gym and has been using the cardio equipment and weight machines. He exercises about 40 minutes combining treadmill, elliptical, bike, and weight machines.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 08:35 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Exercising after surgery is ALWAYS determined by the doctor. This is not a medical site to give anyone advice on when to exercise after any surgery. I say bring that question to your doctor because he knows your history. And what one does can be different for every one.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 10:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
Thank you.i have talked to him and he said to work up slowly after I heal from surgery.i was just please wondering if anyone has been though this and what they do for working out safely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Exercising after surgery is ALWAYS determined by the doctor. This is not a medical site to give anyone advice on when to exercise after any surgery. I say bring that question to your doctor because he knows your history. And what one does can be different for every one.
The OP did speak with her doctor and she wasn't asking for medical advice from anyone here. She was just looking for ideas from other people who have been through what she has been through.

Best wishes suzanne on your surgery and recovery.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 10:18 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
The OP did speak with her doctor and she wasn't asking for medical advice from anyone here. She was just looking for ideas from other people who have been through what she has been through.

Best wishes suzanne on your surgery and recovery.
She wants to know what is recommended from fitness enthusiast. That’s not asking for advice?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 10:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
She wants to know what is recommended from fitness enthusiast. That’s not asking for advice?
Yes it is asking for suggestions for exercises others have done in her condition. It's not asking for medical advice as you said in your previous post. She asked her doctor for medical advice and he said she could start back slowly. She was just asking others what they did. I took it to be asking for ideas. The medical advice was given by her doctor.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 11:28 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I also read her post as just looking for some camaraderie for someone here who's been through what she's going to be going through to maybe set some expectations, even though her experience may be different. I find it hard to believe anyone in that situation would not be getting medical advice from the doctor about post-procedure protocol and exercise.
Old 12-19-19, 11:30 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I also read her post as just looking for some camaraderie for someone here who's been through what she's going to be going through to maybe set some expectations, even though her experience may be different. I find it hard to believe anyone in that situation would not be getting medical advice from the doctor about post-procedure protocol and exercise.
Yes, agree. I think the OP made that pretty clear in her first post & especially in her reply to mine.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardiac rehab