Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-15, 06:30 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The documentary about the 1960's studio musicians who played on umpteen huge albums (Beach Boys, Mamas and the Papas and more) called "The Wrecking Crew" is coming out on dvd shortly.
I didn't know that film was released at all. A couple of years ago a friend in the music industry went to a screening and she said she didn't think it would ever come out. I think the problem was the producers couldn't afford the licensing fees for all the music clips.
Old 07-14-15, 06:45 PM  
sherry7899

Videofit- it is now available for sale on Amazon. They also have it on instant video for $3.99.

They had a funding campaign to help get it released. We contributed.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-15, 07:48 AM  
sherry7899

I guess I am talking to myself here

We had a double feature last night: "The Wrecking Crew" and then "Heaven Adores You" the Elliott Smith documentary, which was very well done.

Sherry

Old 07-30-15, 08:44 AM  
sherry7899

Reviving the thread

Happy Birthday to Kate Bush! I will play some of her music today in her honor.
I was lucky to discover her in high school thanks to a wonderful British Lit teacher who had a huge poster of her up on his wall. I also found her on an alternate UHF tv Channel (I am dating myself) called "U68" which played her videos. Did anyone else in the NJ/NY area get that channel in the mid/late 1980's?

Supposedly they filmed the shows she did in the UK within the last year. I really hope they release something on dvd here.....

Sherry

Old 07-30-15, 11:03 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

Sherry, I'm reading everything if not posting! I was hoping to see The Wrecking Crew on Netflix but it's not streaming yet. I wanted to see Amy (Winehouse) this week but can't make it to the movies. I'm afraid it will be gone next week. Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush is a great song. My friend, Monica is a huge fan of hers. Have you watched Denis Leary's new show on FX Sex, Drugs & Rock & Roll? I've seen the first 2 episodes. It has the potential to be good or go south really fast.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 11:15 AM  
sherry7899

I watched the first episode and liked it. I will watch the second one too.

There is an Amy Winehouse special on the Smithsonian Tv station website. I will post a link later. My son saw the Amy movie and said it was really good.

Eta: the special is called "one shining night."

ETA again: http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sh...ight/0/3398468

Old 07-30-15, 11:19 AM  
sherry7899

Any fans of the Irish singer Hozier? He will be on Good Morning America tomorrow morning.

Old 07-30-15, 11:23 AM  
sherry7899

Does anyone have concerts coming up? This fall so far we are seeing Loreena McKennitt and Squeeze and The Zombies (reunion tour). We have very varied music tastes.....

Old 07-30-15, 11:29 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

Thanks for the heads up about the special on the website. I'll be watching Hozier on GMA. Lollapalooza is in Chicago this weekend. If I was younger it would be pure heaven. Now I see those giant festivals as torture. I'll have to see if I can find any live streaming from there.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 11:33 AM  
sherry7899

I cannot deal with huge outdoor concerts either. I hope they stream it somewhere.

Tags
music, music geek