Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-11, 10:36 AM  
kirov2

Squeeze Stronger clamshell question

In Squeeze Stronger, Tracy does a side-lying clamshell series of several different moves. One of the moves is where you "point your knee down with the toe up, and then do little presses right at the angle of your shin." What muscle is this supposed to be working? Sometimes it seems like you're supposed to be feeling it at the very top of your inner thigh, and sometimes I wonder if it's supposed to target the outside of the thigh. Where are you supposed to be feeling this exercise? Grateful for any input, thanks.
kirov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 10:59 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

That move is killer! I usually do Squeeze or SS on Sundays, but b/c it is Easter, I did a shorter w/o today; if I had just done it, I might be able to answer you better. I generally feel most of the moves in the pretzel/clam sequence in my outer hip/thigh. But I would say that if you are feeling it somewhere else, it's all good!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 07:15 PM  
willbefit

I always feel it more in my outer thigh/hip area. It is a burner for sure! I think it is designed to help work the glutes too and help you get that little cut in as it goes up into that area as well.
willbefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 09:19 PM  
kirov2

Thanks for your replies....It's probably because I'm so weak in that overall area that some additional muscles are "recruited" during clamshell to help out the target muscle...Maybe if I just keep doing the exercise, I will feel it in only one area! Thanks again!
kirov2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze stronger, tracy effinger