Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-26-11, 02:14 PM  
StephE

Question Ordered wrong DVD by accident... "Squeeze Stronger" questions now...

Well, I accidently ordered the wrong "Squeeze" DVD. I put "Squeeze Stronger" in my cart at Mary's instead of the original "Squeeze" (which is the one I wanted!). I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I had the newer/updated "Squeeze" DVD cover in my head since she's almost posed the same way as "Squeeze Stronger" on that one. That's the only thing I can think of. Anyhoo... I got my order today (Mary is so fast!!) and opened "Squeeze Stronger" before I realized it, so looks like I'll be keeping it.

I really can't place another order to buy "Squeeze" right now (I'd have to order enough to get free shipping again anyway). So, my question... do I really need to master the original "Squeeze" workout first before doing "Squeeze Stronger"? I'm not sure how much more advanced this one is as far as moves go, and I just got it so I haven't had time to preview it yet.

Also, the "Squeeze Stronger" uses that bar thing of hers. I think I've read where people use a broom stick or dowel (or what do you use?), but do you still get as good of a workout substituting those with those? I don't want to buy her bar just for this workout (I can't anyway right now).

I'm kicking myself in the butt for ordering this one when I meant to order the original "Squeeze"! I was so excited about getting "Squeeze"!! Oh well.

I appreciate your reviews/opinions on "Squeeze Stronger".

Thanks so much!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 02:28 PM  
icebergslim

You can use a body bar if you have one or broomstick. Squeeze Stronger is harder than Squeeze, to me and you don't need to master the first Squeeze before using Squeeze Stronger.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 02:32 PM  
mtnmom

Mary will take back open DVDs. Why don't you send it back and get Squeeze instead?
Old 01-26-11, 02:33 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Squeeze Stronger is an excellent workout that works your whole body. A lot of barre workouts don't work the arms or abs enough. You don't need to master the first Squeeze to do it. I use a bo staff but a broomstick or bodybar will do. You don't need a barre either. A chair works fine.
Old 01-26-11, 02:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

and in case no one has answered (I don't think I saw it answered).... no, you don't need the original Squeeze first -- it's just different, and maybe longer, but I don't think it's significantly more advanced. Or, you could exchange it, as mtnmom suggests.

Definitely a broom handle or whatever stick will work just as well as her bar. No need to order that!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 02:42 PM  
lilmonkey2

I bought a 6' long replacement broom handle from Lowe's and bought some of that foam pipe insulation and cut a piece to have some cushion on the neck. It was super cheap to do and the replacement broom handle is long enough (I found my regular broom handle wasn't long enough.) Maybe what I bought was a wood extension pole? I can't remember exactly but it was inexpensive! (I, too had thought about buying her stick but it was just too expensive for me)
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 02:52 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I think you have the better workout in Squeeze Stronger. The workout can easily be split up, too.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 02:55 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
You can use a body bar if you have one or broomstick. Squeeze Stronger is harder than Squeeze, to me and you don't need to master the first Squeeze before using Squeeze Stronger.
I'm pretty sure Tracy says to use an unweighted bar. So I would not recommend using a body bar. But that is just my preference.

Squeeze stronger is 80 minutes and has 2 premixes upper and lower body each 40 minutes. Squeeze is 60 minutes and has an express mix ~25 minutes, it also has a custom squeeze which is basically a collection of "bonus" excercises. I bought SS first and loved it so much that I bought the original and LBC later on. People say SS is tougher than Squeeze but I find them each difficult in their own way, not necessarily one tougher than the other. They are both wonderful.

But if you really wanted squeeze I'd say return SS and let Mary know the reason, as I understand it she is really wonderful and undertanding (I've never returned a video).

ETA: I use a broom stick
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 03:13 PM  
daisysunshine

i love Squeeze Stronger. Looovveeeeee.
I like Squeeze, but only if i were to do the ENTIRE thing + custom squeeze. doing custom sequeeze on its own you can do so. I'd keep stronger and try it out.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 03:20 PM  
laurajhawk

I also prefer Squeeze Stronger. I like the premixes.

I wouldn't use any kind of weighted bar. I use a hiking staff; it works great. I can't imagine that the workout suffers by substituting a different bar; the key thing is to find something you can use comfortably (in particular, add some kind of padding if the bar is uncomfortable on your neck).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, squeeze, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger