Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-06, 12:48 PM  
new2me

Just wanted to say welcome back to Sparkle! I had a run of a few months where I couldn't work out much, and I'm finding it hard to really get back into things, but I'm plugging along! Glad you are feeling better. Psssst (the turbo jams are fun, but you didn't hear it from me, lol).

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-06, 12:14 PM  
GeekyGirl

I'm new

Hello, everyone. I listed some items on the exchange yesterday & thought I should introduce myself here!! I have been lurking here for a while now...it's time to come out of hiding, lol. I have been working out with videos since I was in college, so that's about 12 years now. I have been a member of the YaYa's (GeekyGirl2003 there) for a long time, & it's good to be here as well.

Amanda
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-06, 02:17 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the "out of lurkdom" part of VF! Hope you are finding info you need/want around here. There seems to be a lot of cross over between VF and the Ya Yas.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-06, 08:24 AM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGirl
Hello, everyone. I listed some items on the exchange yesterday & thought I should introduce myself here!! I have been lurking here for a while now...it's time to come out of hiding, lol. I have been working out with videos since I was in college, so that's about 12 years now. I have been a member of the YaYa's (GeekyGirl2003 there) for a long time, & it's good to be here as well.

Amanda
Hi Amanda, welcome out of lurkdom!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 06-20-06, 03:28 PM  
Strepie

Hi there!

Hello all you lovely ladies,
I'm a dvd fitness junkie from the Netherlands, who's real glad she's found this site! It's great to be able to get some advice on all kinds of stuff and great to know you're not the only one hopping in front of a tv!
I'm an intermediate who did drop of the wagon and since a week or two is back with a vengance. Reading your forum did convince me (again) to take a break from working out one day a week but otherwise I am at it everyday. I use mostly still beginner stuff (Ellen Barrett, Jeniffer Kries, Minna Lessing and Gin Miller's orginal Reebok tape) but in time I hope to graduate to the more advanced tapes. I am considering buying some Cathe but am still a little hesitant, maybe it is better to go for an easier new Step dvd first.
Other than working out I have a life as a stayathome mom of two boys, I'm almost 39 years old, kind of average age around here, isn't it? I'm also happily married. Once upon a time I lived in Pittsburgh for a few months so I'm kind of homesick for it still. You guys in the States do not realize how lucky you are with all that room! The Netherlands is overcrowded but otherwise great to live in, although aerobic dvd's and stuff like that have to be shipped in.
Greetz,
Strepie
Strepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 04:42 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Strepie,

Welcome to VF! It sounds like this is a good site for you. You will get plenty of ideas and advice here. Just jump right in.

As far as easier step workouts go, Gin Miller, Kari Anderson and Christi Taylor all recently came out with beginner step workouts. I don't have any of them, but have seen positive comments about them. Older ones include Kathy Smith's step workout and Gilad's step workout on Waikiki Beach. Those were the ones I started with.

There is a segment of the forum that is dedicated to check ins, groups that post on a regular schedule (some weekly, some monthly) that give support and encouragement to each other. You may want to check those out.

You're right. We in the US do have a lot of room. Next month, I'm going to visit my brother and sister in law in Tokyo where I will feel a little claustrophobic due to the crowded conditions and small places. And, we do have easy access to workouts.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 06-21-06, 09:17 AM  
new2me

Welcome Strepie! I visited your beautiful country last August! Wonderful!

Old 06-21-06, 02:52 PM  
Strepie

Thanx for your words of welkom and your advice. And I hope you have a great time in Tokyo, luckily the Netherlands isn't as crowded as that!
Strepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 10:59 PM  
sarawhitney

From Alaska...

Hello, all... I'm a 30-year-old mother of two from Alaska. I started at VF back in 1997, and then fell out of communication (except through lurking) when my first son was born in 2000. I'm a technical editor and Web site designer (now self-employed), and I'm married to a fisheries biologist.

I was a cardio/weights junkie and casual yoga practitioner until 2003, when I became a dedicated yoga-only practitioner (ashtanga, mainly). I have a yoga site and a mostly-yoga blog. I attend class once or twice a week but still mainly practice at home, and that's what I prefer. I credit VF with helping me get started years ago and it's been a tremendous source of inspiration to me over the years! So thank you, all... I'm trying to get back into the swing of posting now!

Sara
sarawhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 05:07 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sara,

Welcome back! It certainly sounds like your fitness journey has been a rich one. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. We have lots of yoga practitioners and lots of yoga questions here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread