Old 01-22-06, 03:25 PM  
Momma

Welcome Karen and Jeannie!

My Space: http://www.myspace.com/mommacarly

Sparkpeople: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=MOMMACARLY
Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 06:29 PM  
PrettyVacant

Thanks all of you for the welcome, and welcome to Karen and Jeannie!

My name is Sydney, by the way Haha, knew I was forgetting something.
PrettyVacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 07:43 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Welcome Jeannie! Thanks for sharing your experience-congrats!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 01:06 PM  
cincinnatideb

Red face

Yay! I told myself I could post as a budding-VF-er after 21 video workouts. I hit that today.

I'm Deb and I get to have the the oh-lordy-I'm 40 party this year. Married to the most marvelous man and mom to 3 young children.

Too soon to tell what I like video-wise. I've been dragging .99 videos home from the thrift store so far. So the collection is a bit *ahem* eclectic so far. But I'm about ready to splurge out on something real for myself soon.

Anyway...thanks for reading and I can't wait to get to know everyone.

Deb

Last edited by cincinnatideb; 01-26-06 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Because eclectic and electric aren't quite the same...
cincinnatideb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 01:11 PM  
new2me

Hi Deb, welcome! I had the oh-lordy I'm 50 party this year, lol. You have quite the collection already!!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06, 01:52 PM  
Sollamyn

Welcome!

I've started feeling guilty for not responding to any of the new V-fers on this thread, so this is a general welcome to those who came in after me. And welcome, cincinnatideb! I'll be 47 this year, so we're not all youngsters here. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here who share your interests and who will be more than happy to assist you in buying your first 'real' fitness videos.

Have fun out there,
S.
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 09:41 AM  
MotivatedMama

First Timer Saying Hello

Hi there everyone!

My name is Denise, and I just turned 29 last week. I used to work as a news caster in OKC, but after having my last child in Sept. of '04, I decided stay at home mommy was a much better job.

I'm the mother of four (one step son, three of my own) and after having battles with the up and down weight from pregnancy, I decided to start taking action instead of just whining about how much I hate my extra weight. I just recently stumbled upon VF after doing searches for fitness videos. I really love this community, and it has been very helpful with me staying motivated.

I look forward to all of the advice that will come my way, and I especially look forward to sharing my success story soon! Right now, the only type of vids I have done are Mari Winsor's Pilates and Denise Austin's "Get Fit Fast". I do Denise Austin's DVD "almost" religiously, and I am looking for more challenging workouts in the near future.

Thanks for hearing me out, and I'll see you in the forums.
MotivatedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 09:46 AM  
ooty

Welcome Denise and Deb!

Denise: What is OKC?
You have to come to the right place. Unless you have strong will power, you will be buying DVDs left and right if you hang around here .

BTW, Denise Austin does not seem to be very popular here, though I like her!
Old 01-27-06, 10:02 AM  
new2me

OKC = Oklahoma City????

Welcome Denise...yes, you've got to get you some variety and this is just the place to help!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 10:35 AM  
cincinnatideb

Thanks for the welcome everyone. And now I get to welcome Denise. Welcome and Happy Birthday!

My VCR quit working last night right in the middle of a workout. Ugh! So today I gotta figure out what is wrong or go buy another one. And I'm not a techno person at all so even hooking up a new one will take me forever. So I'm feeling pretty cranky. And Friday and Saturday's are my favorite workout days. *grumble* OK, my grumble is over.

Hope everyone has a good day and a productive weekend.

Deb
cincinnatideb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread