Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-13, 02:06 PM  
Missiscipi

My Mad Methods beginner kettlebell dvd..feedback please

I got this facebook message from Mark De Grasse owner of My Mad Methods

Rosie -
Hope you are having a good new year! I was hoping I could pick your brain. I know you are a member of the videofitness.com forums and they always provide useful insight into what works and what does not.

I am coming out with a series of MMM Beginner DVDS. The first one will be the kettlebell DVD, then Sandbag, Indian clubs, etc...... We will build upon the series, and have moderate and advanced but we wanted to get the basic kb DVD out there first. What do you think is missing from most of these beginner DVDs? I honestly do not think there are enough basic KB DVDs out there and that is why I want to come out with a great KB DVD with fun workouts that any level can use. We will also have a function to mix up workouts. Would this be useful?

We have started shooting the KB DVD and I should be done editing it shortly. I am hoping to have the KB DVD and Sandbag DVD out in the Spring.

Any thoughts you or your forum have would be welcomed and appreciated!!!!

Respectfully,

Mark de Grasse
www.MyMadMethods.com

Any ideas?
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 02:12 PM  
marmact

Well.... if they already shot the workout, it seems we'll have limited input, but perhaps this can help:

Create an instructional section that is separate from the workout. Show and explain the moves in the instructional section slowly and carefully; show the body from more than one angle as you talk through the form/movement. Focus on the alignment of the bell to the body during each move - the FEMALE body as well as the male body, please. Ladies have some, er, unique constraints, LOL.

Give some tips on selecting the right size bell to start with, what to do with fat handles, how to deal with wrist/hand chafing.

Make sure your background people know what they are doing, LOL.
Old 01-23-13, 03:32 PM  
jessicavi

Well it would be helpful to have a chaptered DVD maybe after every few moves or rounds? This would make it easier to mix and match various parts of the workouts.....think endless mish-mashes? I really love MB45. It would have been great to have had the m&m option. I loved the music in MB45 also so something along those lines would be great.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 10:32 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

This is so nice of him to ask for our thoughts on his DVD, I would love to see a proper warm up, hand care, and shoe or no shoes. Also if possible down the road a KB and Sandbag DVD. Mark did a month of workouts on his website that was just great. He combined both for a great workout.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chafing, kettlebell, kettlebell beginner, mark de grasse, mark degrasse