Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-17, 07:23 PM  
bubbles76

You all are so lucky! I discovered VF way too late to get any CIAs on VHS. I have most of them on dvd, with the exception of two Rob Glicks and one by Philip Gray. It seemed like everyone cut their teeth on CIA
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 07:41 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I didn't have the aluminum foil one but I saw it at a VF get together. Which one has Greg in the outfit we affectionately referred to as the bumblebee suit?

Here's the VF list of them but I haven't searched it yet.

The only one I remember having and doing was Helen Vanderburg's 2K07 RAW. I did modify a lot as it was pretty high impact. And I worked my way up to doing the whole thing but was very pleased with myself when I did all of it in one session. Soon after my allergies ramped way up and I no long had the lung capacity for it.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 08:05 PM  
cdayley

I love the CIA workouts, and I am sad I didn't discover them when they were new. I've slowly acquired them on both ebay and Amazon. I've never seen the tin foil suit one

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 08:42 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Rhonda,

I have it!! I used to love it too but I haven't done it in ages. You can have it. Just PM your address and I'll mail it to you.

This series must have been the kickbox and kickbox/step series. While I was searching, I came across Gay's kickbox step and Sherri Jackquelyn's kickbox workout from the same series. Those were great too. I really need to get my VCR hooked up again since I have great workout videos.

Helen
Are you kidding me?? OMG! That's so sweet!!!
Old 08-20-17, 09:43 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I remember reading Cathe was a backgrounder in one, then co-led a hi-lo segment with Greg in 1006.

Found it! (A little snippet of CIA 1006. Notice the non-mirror cueing )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mARQNNIXi7o
Wow, wow, wow! I wonder what year that was. Does anyone know? I recognize the name as a VFer that put it on there.

Garrie, you ought to share this youtube link on a new thread. I think there would be many more would love to see Cathe in her early days!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown

Last edited by Susan H; 08-20-17 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added comment.
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 01:24 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Wow, wow, wow! I wonder what year that was. Does anyone know? I recognize the name as a VFer that put it on there.

Garrie, you ought to share this youtube link on a new thread. I think there would be many more would love to see Cathe in her early days!
According to MaryAnn Parker's review, it was released in 1989. MaryAnn Parker is another VFer that hasn't posted in years.
Old 08-21-17, 01:56 PM  
owltx

I love the CIA workouts that I have. Some really creative moves, usually good music and just a lot of fun.

Wow, that early Cathe clip is fantastic!
Old 08-21-17, 07:39 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Inspired by this thread, I pulled out Patrick Goudeau's 9906 tonight, determined to conquer my fears about it's reputation as one of the most complicated step workouts ever. I can do other Patrick routines, along with Seasun, Christi, etc, so what's the big deal with this one, I thought.

I made it the the warmup with no problems. On to the main body of the workout. The first couple of minutes were filled with basic steps and knee repeaters. Piece of cake. Then he introduced the 'wind-up', which at first glance looked like a revolving door. Wrong. The turn over the step is out instead of in, and I could not wrap my head around which way I had to turn. Needless to say, that was the end of that. I am going to try to learn this one in small increments, a few minutes at a time.

LynnO, I love Franny's workouts too. So much fun, and suprisingly more instance than they seem, in a good way.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 09:36 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
According to MaryAnn Parker's review, it was released in 1989. MaryAnn Parker is another VFer that hasn't posted in years.
Thanks, Helen!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:41 AM  
Sophie H
VF Supporter

"And while I'm at it, is the a place to buy old CIA workouts? I'd love to get some of them. I either sold mine, or a few got eaten by a VHS machine that was going bad, and on, my youngest destroyed when she was 2. I cried.[/QUOTE]

I have a few old CIA's that I would be happy to send you. Please PM me if you are interested!

Sophie H
Sophie H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cia, which workout was this?