Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-16, 02:05 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I never did her workouts, too complex for me. I have been watching some of her You Tube clips and she was a wizard at step. She made it look so effortless.
Same here and I agree totally with you, she made it look so easy! I always thought she looked like a sweet person and great instructor on her DVDs' previews and made me wish I could do them.

RIP

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 06:52 AM  
dixie

How incredibly sad and tragic for her children. She was so talented
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 07:05 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanalona View Post
I am absolutely devastated.

Amy Bento Ross on FB said she committed suicide.

This is a terrible, terrible tragedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
The family asked for privacy and I think it's unfortunate that Amy disclosed that information before they did. I hope it doesn't lead to a lot of gossip and speculation. If the family chooses to release the details, they'll do so in their own time. So much sadness already.
How devastating. I am so sad for her and anyone who feels this bad.
Old 09-09-16, 07:31 AM  
little bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
How devastating. I am so sad for her and anyone who feels this bad.
I don't use Facebook so I don't know what she was going through. I am sad that she felt her life was so bad that she decided to end it. I hope that her family can find peace. Blessings to her children.
Old 09-09-16, 12:34 PM  
momof10

Oh my gosh, how heartbreaking. Seasun is a friend of mine in Facebook and I have done so many of her workouts and loved her so very much even though I never met her. I saw something on Amy's Facebook page alluding to the fact that Seasun had passed. I saw nothing really on Seasun's FB page. I came here because I knew all of you would know something. I am heart broken it came to this. My thoughts and prayers are with her boys, her family and her mother. She was close to her mother and adored her. I am sure her heart is breaking in two. 😢😢😢😢

Cheryl
Old 09-09-16, 01:03 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

OMG, I am shocked! I met Seasun back when Greg had his CIA conventions in Philadelphia, and she was a beautiful, young woman, just starting out in her career and having a family. Her passing is beyond sad and tragic.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 01:22 PM  
Daphne M

It is heartbreaking. I know people tend to focus on how someone died, but I hope her family will get past that and not let it overshadow the good parts of how she lived. She brought joy to so many exercisers with her complex routines. That's a legacy.

I would want to keep it off Facebook too, just to keep the mostly well-intended but hurtful statements to a minimum.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 02:02 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

RIP Seasun. I'm sad for her family.
Old 09-09-16, 02:12 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Oh my goodness, it makes me very sad that she was in that much pain. I hope her family finds peace.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 03:00 PM  
wendy2

I just wanted to add that I didn't find out about the suicide from Amy Bento. I clicked on pictures of Seasun which took me to some of her IRL friends FB pages, and it was posted there--not as an announcement, just as friends (actual friends, not FB "friends") consoling each other. Of course, I guess that's a public place too, but it didn't seem like it was intentionally invading the family's privacy.

Anyway, I did Seasun's Super Step this morning. I thought that was the one I hadn't mastered, but it seemed really familiar, so I will pull out all of her workouts (I'm pretty sure I have them all--I loved her stuff so much) and give them all a whirl in memory of her over the next weeks.

I highly recommend taking a look at her live class videos on YouTube. She was an amazing instructor. I remember emailing her when one of her first videos came out and telling her she rivaled Christi Taylor in the video fitness step world. She was so excited to be compared to Christi.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in memory, seasun zieger