Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-15, 10:59 AM  
Mandy

Seasun Zieger

Seasun posted on Facebook that she met with Greg Twombly and will be coming out with what she described as "killer" DVDs. I'm so excited! She has such great complex choreography that challenges the ol' brain. Plus I love her enthusiasm and positive instructing! I just got her Super Step and it's a challenge to learn.
Old 05-12-15, 01:16 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

So is she doing a set? (killer dvds) I am not into complex choreography so these may not be for me but I'm curious on what she has plans for.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 01:22 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I no longer do tough choreo either, but I think of Seasun when I get overly warm. I can hear her saying, "it's getting hot in here" in her sing song voice.
Old 05-12-15, 02:20 PM  
mrsyancy

Oh yea, I'm excited. I, too, love her complex choreography and am curious and excited to see what she has coming out
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 02:37 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Seasun is one of the sweetest people I've ever met, but I've never been able to master her choreography. :-)
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 04:31 PM  
jennstar

Very exciting! Love love Stepping Up. I hope they can get some good sing-along music for the workouts!
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 08:30 PM  
lisa122

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennstar View Post
Very exciting! Love love Stepping Up. I hope they can get some good sing-along music for the workouts!
I Seasun. I am so glad she is making a new workout or workouts....I hope. Lately, I have been on a Seasun kick, using her DVDs almost everyday. I am so happy. I was starting to think she retired from making videos.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-15, 05:10 AM  
deineira

What DVDs are a good place to start with a Seasun? Her choreography looks hard but fun. I don't have a lot of space, so I always stay away from Amy Bento as her workouts are space hogs. I usually do Cathe step, but that's not her focus as much any more.

Thanks.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-15, 07:39 AM  
owltx

OMG!! I just squealed out loud at work when I saw the title of this thread!!!! Thanks, Mandy, for letting us know.

I am way excited. Love her workouts, her personality, her encouragement.

For the PP about where's a good place to start - I actually really liked her last one, Z-fit Step, in terms of getting the heart rate up. She has mini-intervals in each combo (squat jumps, burpee step jumps) that really up the intensity. Her choreography can be challenging, but that is what makes it fun IMHO, and she has excellent timing for giving cues. One of her earlier ones, Rock Steady Step, may be slightly (?) easier in terms of choreo, because of some of the repeats.

SO EXCITED!!

-Stephanie
owltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-15, 10:45 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
What DVDs are a good place to start with a Seasun? Her choreography looks hard but fun. I don't have a lot of space, so I always stay away from Amy Bento as her workouts are space hogs. I usually do Cathe step, but that's not her focus as much any more.

Thanks.
My favorite Seasun workouts are Steppin' Up and Straight Up Step. I also have CIA's Double Cardio workout where she did a routine on the bosu. I do it using the platform and 1 riser of my high step and it works fine. That's actually the simplest one of her's to learn.

In Rock Steady Step, I didn't care for the moves she did hopping on one foot while the other foot did moves that just didn't flow for me.

I've lost my patience learning choreo. I purchased Super Step and Next Step, but they gathered dust. I'll have to wait and see what others think of this new workout.

Tags
seasun zieger