Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-13, 08:13 AM  
Mollyqr

Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher or Body Series first?

I asked this question in the long Body review thread, and thanks so much to those that answered me there, but I thought I would put this question in it's own thread. I am debating which of these series to get. I am a high beginner/low Intermediate exerciser who has the Scogg and Lauren Brooks base in kettlebells.. I was away from kettlebells for a while but have been back for about 8 weeks so not a complete newbie again. I have significant weight to lose and can not do high impact.
I know many are just now getting their Body series and it may be too soon to ask this... I have watched clips of both series and for some reason, the Scorcher series is looking better to me in the clips. I know this is clips and not the whole workout so that is why I am asking. Here are my thoughts:

1. Modifers which I will need.... I can't see a modifier at all in the clips of the Body series although everyone says they are there. In the Scorcher series clips, the modifier is clearly there right up front.
2. Speed and Pace... In the clips, it appears the Scorcher series is slower paced and more in control... Now, what I reading in the review thread says the Body series is actually a slower pace?
3. If you were a beginner to Kettlebell Kickboxing, which would you choose?
4. Which Series has more kickboxing? the main appeal of these to me is the combo of my two favorite types of workouts...kettlebells and kickboxing.

thanks so much for all that have helped me in the review thread.. I just wanted to get this out of that thread to not take away from the reviews.

thanks for any answers.

Last edited by Mollyqr; 09-20-13 at 08:46 AM. Reason: adding question
Mollyqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 08:29 AM  
Snuckles

Molly, I can't answer which series to get for you but wanted you to know that the modifier in the Body series is usually in the front row next to Dasha. In the Body series of the DVDs I've done thus far, Dasha would also verbally and randomly pick others to do various modified and/or advanced versions.

Both series have sprawls and burpees in them. Both series have some impact in them. If this bothers you, perhaps the KBKB isn't for you.

I also believe depending on where you order, you can get a money back guarantee if you determine the workouts aren't for you.
Old 09-20-13, 08:45 AM  
Mollyqr

thanks...

I appreciate the answer.... in the Scorcher clips, it looked like the modifier was actually modifying alot of those moves.

also, which one has more kickboxing? One of the things that appeals to me the most is the combo of kickboxing and kettlebells.
Mollyqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 08:47 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyqr View Post
I appreciate the answer.... in the Scorcher clips, it looked like the modifier was actually modifying alot of those moves.

also, which one has more kickboxing? One of the things that appeals to me the most is the combo of kickboxing and kettlebells.
Scorcher

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 11:55 AM  
kariev34

Can the body series be done with dumbbells? I know there is a dumbbell modifier in the scorcher series.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 06:21 PM  
isebelleg44

I have only done 4 dvds, but Dasha will occasionally show a dumbbell option. It's not like the Scorcher series where one exerciser worked with a dumbbell throughout the workouts.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote