Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-26-12, 08:00 PM  
Tugger31

Inexpensive Secret Santa gift ideas???

I'm in a rut as to what to buy for the office Secret Santa gift "week". We buy one gift a day the week before Xmas. These are supposed to be pretty inexpensive but I'm having a hard time finding something not cheap looking but also not the same old same old stuff like lotions, candles, candy etc

Any ideas???? Thanks!!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 08:07 PM  
alisoncooks

Notebooks/journals
pack of fun colored pens
ornaments
scented candles
coffee mugs + a pack of hot chocolate (homemade is even better!)
a theme calendar (Barnes & Noble has fun stuff near their checkouts)
a bag of sugar cookie mix and some cutters
a bag of microwave popcorn and a $5 dvd from Walmart (sometimes you can find good ones -- we got Annie there not long ago)
fuzzy socks + a pedicure kit
car care kit (ice scraper, fleece cloths, air freshener)

Peruse the Dollar Tree or 5 Below. (5 Below is great for weird gifts, LOL, like erasers shaped like sushi and stuff. )

Remember it's all in the presentation. Even cheap stuff looks awesome when wrapped up nicely!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 09:11 PM  
MARIKA

I always think a nice Christmas ornament is a good way to go. $10.00 or so and you can get a special one!
Old 11-26-12, 09:32 PM  
dela

They have little packs of stuff at Starbucks like the new Lime Cooler drink mix, or the Via packs, and of course mugs, I love their mugs.

I like the idea about the 5 and Under store, they have tons of stuff.

I know you said no lotions, but how about scented hand sanitizers?

Might sound weird, but those little gift wrapping tape dispensers, perfect for the time of year. Very useful.

Inexpensive kitchen stuff like pot holders, those little bowls you use to prep before you cook, I have this little shot glass that shows you how much a Tablespoon or teaspoon or ounce is with lines on the side that I absolutely love, those rubber grippy things that open jars.

Thumb drives, sometimes they sell for under $10.

A workout dvd from Mary's sale!
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 11:09 PM  
aunatural

Assuming your Secret Santa is female, I would also suggest trying Sally Beauty Supply. I was surprised to find they had a display near the front of the store with really nice beauty treats for $3 or less. Picked up quite a few things for my niece!

ETA: How could I forget one of my favorite places for inexpensive name brand items? Big Lots! I've gotten many inexpensive gifts for my coworkers there.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 12:24 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

This time of year, lots of the drug store chains have small blankets on sale REALLY cheap, like under $5. The Dollar Tree near me carries really cute warm, plush socks. For someone like me, who is always cold, these are awesome gifts!! I received this one year in one of those secret santa things where people can steal other people's presents. I was the second person to choose, so I figured I was destined to have mine stolen, but everyone I worked with knew that I was always cold all the time, so no one had the heart to take it from me
Old 11-27-12, 09:01 AM  
dnna

everyone I work with always liked the food gifts and others were jealous, lol.
A big chocolate bar -like those from trader Joes, little bags of unwrapped Reeses, any chocolate really. Cookies!! like from Costco-those Danish ones to put out for guests
Coffee! Bags of beans from the health food store, fancy xmas Tea.
but chocolate, when Dad would bring home the gifts from his work ( they do something similar) the kids would jump him for the candy!
ps, when Beanie Babies were big, my husband got one from SS and that sure was a hit-also matchbox cars. The idea being the Dad would be a hero coming home, lol.

Last edited by dnna; 11-27-12 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added titles
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 12:23 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Some great ideas already but also check out the $ section at Target. Some things are a little more but most are a $1. They have cute note pads and calendars along with a lot of other little things.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 12:59 PM  
sherry7899

Do you have the craft store Michael's near you? They have a dollar section with date books, mouse pads, bookmarks, calendars, note pads, cute pencils, stickers, etc.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 01:00 PM  
keilan00

Every year there is a ~$10 gift swap at work and anyone can steal the gift a maximum of 3 times.

The gifts that are the most popularly stolen are alcohol (bottles of Kahlua, Baileys, wine, and specialty beer). The next item that people like at giftcards (Starbucks, Amazon, and iTunes). Costco usually has a nicely packaged food gifts in their holiday section. Trader Joe's cookies and candy are good and inexpensive. Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Ross sometimes have awesome stuff in their homegoods/kitchen/pantry/toiletry section for really cheap.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote