Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-12, 04:46 PM  
boukilisa

Your proudest fitness achievement of 2012?

Before we start talking about fitness goals for the New Year, I wondered if anyone here is feeling happy, proud or satisfied with your fitness achievements of this year.

I lost a lot of weight but I'm really happiest with the core strength and definition I gained this year. I have never seen my abdominal muscles before even when I was younger and skinnier. I also never realized how much core strength contributes to overall strength and power. Functional fitness really makes a difference in how my body performs day to day activities. So I would call core strength my biggest accomplishment. What's yours?
Old 11-24-12, 06:06 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Full pushups from the toes! I was able to do them once before in my life, but now I can do them better (and more of them.)
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 06:28 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Full pushups from the toes! I was able to do them once before in my life, but now I can do them better (and more of them.)
That is impressive!
Old 11-24-12, 07:04 PM  
cherimac

A full side plank with my feet stacked one on top of another; finishing a rotation of Meta Ab.
Old 11-24-12, 07:15 PM  
cam522

Okay, this maybe lame but it's a HUGE accomplishment for me - I finished 2 complete as written rotations ... Weider X-Factor ST & MET Rx 180.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 07:34 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

These are all great accomplishments vfers!

I didn't really lose any weight (had hoped to) but really got into advanced workouts and have vastly improved my strength and endurance. My run times are significantly faster, I can do many pushups on my toes (only realized I could do this at all last winter, thanks to S90!), and videos which were hard for me before are much easier - and videos I was afraid of before, I now do on a regular basis. Also, (surely because I'm working with kbells more often) I have graduated from a 20# bell to 25# and now 35#. I'm already considering a 45# for swings.

Also, I've become more positive in general and feel emotionally healthier.

So, it's been a good fitness year (and year in general) for me.

I was never able to stick to a rotation for more than a month Or lose weight, but hopefully those will come in time. I'm glad for the progress I've made!
Old 11-24-12, 08:00 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

That's easy for me--I finished STS! I've started quite a few series or rotations, including STS a few other times, but this is the first time I've finished one. And related to that, I can now lift heavier weights than ever before, so I'm proud of that too.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 08:23 PM  
gymmom

Just getting back to regular, consistent exercise has been a huge accomplishment for me. An average of 5 days a week since July - after 5 years of little to none. I'm over the hump of feeling totally overwhelmed and unfit and ready to tackle really getting fit and healthy.
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 09:01 PM  
violingal3

Kind of a few things happened this year... I've just been building on strength gains I've been making since I started with kettlebells almost two years ago, and I love the look of my muscles! I learned to let go of the number on the scale (yes, I weigh everyday and I'm ten pounds up from the weight I thought was my happy place). With both of those things, I found a new found body confidence I severly lacked in my teens and 20s, so this year was really all about that journey. And like icing on the cake, I wore a string bikini on my last vacation - I never thought I'd actually wear it when I bought it. New moto - life is too short for giant one pieces and cover-ups! LOL Bring on 2013!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 09:58 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Before 2012, I'd finished one rotation in my life. This year, I've completed two.