Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-12, 03:23 PM  
Mandy

I love love love Kimberly's kickboxing!!! I wish she would make more kickboxing too. How bout her and Rob teaming up for some kickboxing?
All her DVD's are on sale at Mary's site right now too. CIA 2605 Cardio Camp, CIA 2705 Abslolute Kickboxing and CIA 2904 Cardio combat surge have great kickboxing only premixes. Her CIA 2505 works great with the Bosu.

I love how she uses Tae Bo side oblique crunches and lots of roundhouse kicks. Some of the combinations remind me of Turbo Kick...like the step..step..roundhouse and come back with 2 side oblique crunches reminds me of Round 23(the TK Round I taught).
I also like her way of teaching and cueing.

I'm going to get Triple Threat on Mary's sale..Even though I probably won't use the other 2 workouts on the DVD, I think the Kickboxing is worth it and its filmed in a gym setting which makes me feel like I'm back in the club setting . Plus Kimberly looks great with the hankerchief on her head...lol
Old 04-02-12, 03:32 PM  
Mandy

I love love love Kimberly's kickboxing!!! I wish she would make more kickboxing too. How bout her and Rob teaming up for some kickboxing?
All her DVD's are on sale at Mary's site right now too. CIA 2605 Cardio Camp, CIA 2705 Abslolute Kickboxing and CIA 2904 Cardio combat surge both have great all kickboxing premixes. Her CIA 2505 works great with the Bosu.

I love how she uses Tae Bo side oblique crunches and lots of roundhouse kicks. Some of the combinations remind me of Turbo Kick...like the step..step..roundhouse and come back with 2 side oblique crunches reminds me of Round 23(the TK Round I taught).
I also like her way of teaching and cueing.

I'm going to get Triple Threat on Mary's sale..Even though I probably won't use the other 2 workouts on the DVD, I think the Kickboxing is worth it and its filmed in a gym setting. Plus Kimberly looks great with the hankerchief on her head...lol and that is the what I would wear when I taught TK. Reminds me of the good ol' day of 2005..haha
Old 04-02-12, 03:40 PM  
dnna

the medicine ball workout is a nice 30 minute core workout on Triple threat, you might like it,. The only one I don't really like too much is the recovery one.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 08:21 PM  
anetta

The only workouts I have with her are the Kickbutt workouts from Anna Benson. I know it's not strictly kickboxing, but her form is great.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 06:36 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I really enjoy the few workouts I have of hers. I think I'll check out Mary's sale!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 06:54 PM  
belle411

I didn't know Kimberly & Rob were a couple! I bought their Core Cuts w/os from Mary when it was on sale. I bet they have the healthiest baby ever!!

I love Kimberly's personality too. I also really like her med ball work.

As for kickboxing w/os, I'm no expert but I also like Amy Bento's stuff. I just ordered her CIA Kickbox Surge on sale from Mary's site. Looking forward to that.
Old 04-04-12, 08:27 AM  
TinaT

I've never tried Amy. What is the pace/speed compared to Kimberly and/or Turbo Jam?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 10:05 AM  
sherry7899

With the exception of her "Rumble" dvd, Amy moves much more quickly and is more choreographed than Kimberly. I think Kimberly's form is better as well.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 01:32 PM  
Keepfitgirl

I really like the cardio kickbox part of Absolute Kickboxing. It's really great for the core and has an excellent stretch section. I don't use the body bar section.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 04:52 PM  
Sharaz

Kick Box Boot Camp & Cardio Combat Surge are on my wishlist. KBBC is not at Mary's but at collage. I like her demeanor, form and the use of the bodybar. I'm regreting not getting CCS when I checked out at Mary's sale

Tags
kickboxing, kimberly spreen, triple threat