Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-12, 11:46 AM  
TinaT

I Forgot About Kimberly Spreen

In my quest to use some form of kickboxing in my workout schedule, I stumbled upon Kimberly again for the first time in years. After refreshing my memory by watching clips of her workouts, I'm scratchin my head wondering why I didn't think of her sooner. I've been doing TJ off and on since the first of the year, wishing to have a slightly slower pace and now I think I've found it.

It seems whenever I ask about kickboxing workouts everyone talks about Tae Bo, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire .. but no mentions Kimberly.

Anyone still use her routines? I guess maybe I'm a wimp and need a slower pace than those listed above, but if I remember correctly her WOs are challenging.

I just emailed her asking if she has anything in the works for a new release.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 11:53 AM  
sherry7899

Tina, I have most of her kickboxing workouts, but I have not done them for awhile. Thanks for reminding me of her. I really like her. She gives great form pointers, she has good form, she moves slowly enough so you can use good form, and she has a lovely presence and personality.

She and Rob Glick are actually now expecting their first child, so she may not be filming new dvds for awhile.

You may be able to find some of her workouts on swap a dvd. I like them medicine ball and yoga/flow workouts on her "Triple Threat" dvd also.

I hope you enjoy her workouts-
Sherry

I also like her "Self" (magazine dvd series) strength training dvd, but I did not like the dance dvd she did for "Self."
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 11:54 AM  
dnna

I read somewhere- here?- that she is pregnant so I don't think she is making any new workouts now-
I love her workouts and use them a lot. I particulary like the Cardio-Camp which has intervals of cardio and kickboxing and is nice and long . I use the Kickbox boot camp, and her Triple Threat dvd as well. I am one of the few who enjoys Self Dance Your way thin- It is just an aerobic workout with some dance style steps, it is not a dance workout, It was poorly named.
I think I have one called Combat Surge, now I have to go check, lol

so -yes, I love her workouts.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 12:06 PM  
topfitmama

I have a couple of her "Star Trainers" workouts from Exercise TV. I should try them!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 12:11 PM  
sherry7899

I've never clicked with her strength workouts (other than the Self workout), but it's not Kimberly's fault. She seems to love to do planks and other moves where you support your body weight that I am unable to do due to shoulder/neck issues.

Sherry
Old 04-02-12, 01:21 PM  
TinaT

I've enjoying trying to learn TJ but sometimes the pace is more than I can do. Re-visiting Kimberly is refreshing. Tho, I can't do all the side plank stuff either. I've learned to modify or sub in another move for those. "Modify" has become my middle name with ANY workout these days.

I've noticed my pants fitting better since TJ and if I remember, KS has more kicking combo than what TJ might offer. Love the combo strength work and how she uses the step.
Old 04-02-12, 01:23 PM  
Inchworm

Yes, I love her too. Her cuing is amazing. I love the Cardio Camp and Absolute Kickboxing workouts. So fun and she seems so naturally friendly too. What workouts had the planks in it?

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:27 PM  
JENILU

I know not a lot of people liked Triple Threat, but its one of my favorites! - I like that it can be used as 3 20-25 minute workouts, becouse that is a time I can hadnle- and its not insane like a lot of kickboxing workouts seem to me. I can keep up with the moves without killing myself. Combat Surge is similar, but with better production. And she just seems so sweet without being giggly!!
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:36 PM  
TinaT

I don't remember a ton of plank but she does have some in a couple of her workouts. Nothing over the top time consumer if I remember right. I'm trying to trade out for many of her WOs now. Of what I can remember, variety is in most of the routines.

And yes, love her personality! Cueing is amazing.
Old 04-02-12, 01:40 PM  
sherry7899

The plank work was more in her strength workouts, not the cardio ones.

Sherry

Tags
kickboxing, kimberly spreen, triple threat