Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-11, 07:06 PM  
Alyluna

Amplify Your Strength from Within

This DVD has it all - cardio, strength and flexibility training. I use it on "recovery" days when I want to move my body but loathe to pick up a weight and don't want to do any high impact or high intensity cardio. I always feel "worked" out but not exhausted after doing the workout.

I've been looking for similar workouts but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know of any DVDs that are similar. I'm looking for something that's balanced and not too heavy on one particular area ( cardio, legs or upper body).
Alyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 07:39 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyluna View Post
This DVD has it all - cardio, strength and flexibility training. I use it on "recovery" days when I want to move my body but loathe to pick up a weight and don't want to do any high impact or high intensity cardio. I always feel "worked" out but not exhausted after doing the workout.

I've been looking for similar workouts but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know of any DVDs that are similar. I'm looking for something that's balanced and not too heavy on one particular area ( cardio, legs or upper body).
I feel exactly the same way. I decided on the basis of this workout, that I liked fusion after all, after being a yoga purist, Cardio purist and classic weight training purist. I have not found anything else that has come close. I wasted money buying fusion workouts, searching for another like Amplify. The one that I like, but not quite as much, is Will Power and Grace Mile High. It has all the constituents of Cardio, strength, and flexibility without being too intense nor too light.

I also appreciate Angles Lines and Curves from Kari but it has no Cardio component and feels more like flexibility and balance than strength.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 08:04 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I just found this workout in my storage! I plan to do it this week.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 08:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, no surprise to me that Vee already suggested it (because we've had a similar discussion) but I was also going to suggest the Mile High dvd.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 08:21 PM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Well, no surprise to me that Vee already suggested it (because we've had a similar discussion) but I was also going to suggest the Mile High dvd.
Bee is quite like Vee in workout preferences and username choices.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 10:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 11:04 PM  
Alyluna

Bee and Vee you gals are too funny! Thanks for the recommendation -I'm going to check out some clips for Mile High.
Old 03-05-11, 11:05 PM  
Alyluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I just found this workout in my storage! I plan to do it this week.
Enjoy!
Old 03-05-11, 11:32 PM  
ooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
Vee.. do you think her name could be Brinda .
Old 03-05-11, 11:54 PM  
Alyluna

So while searching for Will Power and Grace Mile High I came across one called Will Power and Grace Move with Integrity produced in 2005. The Mile High clip showed lots of plies and plie squat jumps which I'm not thrilled about where as the older DVD seems more low impact. I actually liked the Move with Integrity clip better.

Have any of you tried this one? If so, what are your thoughts?

Tags
amplify your strength, fusion, fusion workouts, kimberly spreen