Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-11, 01:27 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

I miss CIA Video

I was reading the influence on the fitness industry thread, and started thinking about Greg Twombley. I miss his videos. I know that he's still working, producing stuff for others, but I miss the opportunity to get a workout by an instructor I've never heard of before (and may never hear of again!), or an instructor like Christi Taylor or Franny Benedetto.

Sure, the costumes and sets could get a bit odd sometimes, but it was still fun to see new faces and completely new routines.

Will Greg ever be returning to producing his own stuff?
Old 03-04-11, 02:02 PM  
Taz95
VF Supporter

I hear you Mollie. One thing I really appreciated about CIA was the variety that you'd get in terms of the workout styles. Hi-lo, step, kickboxing, resistance training, etc. Lately it feels every other workout is either hardcore/bootcamp or barre. I happen to enjoy both but it would be nice to see more of the other styles.
Taz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 02:04 PM  
cmiyachi

I was thinking the same thing. I still use many CIA workouts. I didn't realize he had stopped producing his own stuff but had realized that he had not put anything out in while.

Greg - please, produce more videos!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 02:15 PM  
Hej

I really miss CIA too! And I was looking forward to those new Sharon workouts they were planning. Greg said at the time that with the economy as it was it didn't make sense to make a new series. I wonder if they are gone for good. The homepage has been under construction for ages. Does anyone know how Greg could be contacted so we can ask if/when new CIA videos will be produced?
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 02:29 PM  
ardnas

Greg is on Facebook.
I wish he would have put Urban Tai Chi on DVD as he at one time had said he would. That is still one of my favorite workouts!
Old 03-04-11, 02:31 PM  
aunatural

Kathryn posted links to other threads where this was discussed previously. IIRC, one of the links has a response from Greg about whether/when new CIA workouts will be produced.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...&highlight=CIA

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 02:34 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
Kathryn posted links to other threads where this was discussed previously. IIRC, one of the links has a response from Greg about whether/when new CIA workouts will be produced.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...&highlight=CIA
Maybe we should ask him on Facebook.

Maybe those of us who miss the CIA series videos should all friend him and post a link to this thread on his wall.

I love Urban Tai Chi, too.
Old 03-04-11, 03:24 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiyachi View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I still use many CIA workouts. I didn't realize he had stopped producing his own stuff but had realized that he had not put anything out in while.

Greg - please, produce more videos!
I couldn't agree more. I loved CIA because of the variety and the different talent he introduced. It was always so exciting when he would ask for feedback on his next series. I would like to know if he plans to come back to producing CIA videos, because the economy WILL improve and I want my CIA's!!!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 03:30 PM  
Conni

I miss the dancy feel of alot of his CIA workouts. You just don't get those anymore. It is all drill oriented now..
Old 03-04-11, 03:31 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conni View Post
I miss the dancy feel of alot of his CIA workouts. You just don't get those anymore. It is all drill oriented now..
Exactly! And drills aren't nearly as much fun as some of those wild, dancy CIAs.

Tags
cia, cia video, ciavideo, greg twombley