Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-10, 07:07 AM  
ldy_solana

i thought amy worked on her new step videos with greg? i thought i saw that somewhere but i haven't been on ANY instructor forum for a good while so i might be thinking of older posts.

i know she did mention economy was delaying filming most of what she wanted. IIRC she did say before her time off that she was going to be part of the new CIA series. but like i said its been a while i could have crossed some wires with all i try to keep up on LOL.

i know economy has been my reason for purging and no buying. going from working mom to housewife/mother/student you really have to be wiser if you do spend money, if you have any to spend that is LOL.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 08:06 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldy_solana View Post
i thought amy worked on her new step videos with greg?
I'm pretty sure it was Tamilee Webb this time actually, and a different production company.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 09:20 AM  
mtnmom

Kelly's new releases were filmed with Greg. Maybe that's who you were thinking of. The set is quite different, and I believe the windows behind them are real. At one point in Circuit Burn, I though I saw the blurred image of someone walking by.
Old 08-05-10, 09:47 AM  
cindi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty88 View Post
It does vary from area to area but most clubs/gyms don't want anything to do with step or high-low...well now they're calling it "dance" witch is a joke. If gyms carry LesMills programs even BodyStep isn't that popular. BodyAttack does okay but, its usually only the instructor who is jumping so, that gives you a sense of how much "high" is even accepted.
Interesting comments - I have only gone to spin and zumba classes at my health club in the last year but just went to look at the full schedule and you are correct. There is no step class on the schedule! The cardio and cardio/sculpt classes are all described as bootcamp, athletic drills, circuit style workouts. Any use of step is not choreographed but just drill type moves.
cindi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 09:53 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
i thought amy worked on her new step videos with greg? i thought i saw that somewhere but i haven't been on ANY instructor forum for a good while so i might be thinking of older posts.

i know she did mention economy was delaying filming most of what she wanted. IIRC she did say before her time off that she was going to be part of the new CIA series. but like i said its been a while i could have crossed some wires with all i try to keep up on LOL.

i know economy has been my reason for purging and no buying. going from working mom to housewife/mother/student you really have to be wiser if you do spend money, if you have any to spend that is LOL.
Your recall is correct. In March, Greg had announced on Facebook that he was setting up a big video shoot. He offered discounts to instructors if they could make it on the day that he was shooting for multiple clients. Seasun Zieger, Bernadette Giorgi, Debra Mazda and Amy Bento all responded. It doesn't seem like anything came of it, though. Amy did end up working with Tamilee on this new set of videos.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 12:33 PM  
ldy_solana

thanks for the clear up on that ladies . i know someone DID say filmed with greg LOL. see to much to keep up with!!

i will go with HelloKitty on this one too. at least what i have noticed in MY area. not even gold's gym(that offers les mills) has any advanced step or hi-lo classes. its all mostly spinning,dance and specialty classes of zumba or cardio pump cycle(never found out what that was about LOL). i never did classes at the y b/c nothing ever jumped out at me. the only class i saw was bellydance and i would have to go to the other side of the city to their fancier y(we were allowed to use 2 on 1 membership) and it costs extra . i even recommended kickboxing(or at least getting some heavy bags) and my friend who works there said, there wasn't a demand so they won't spend the money. same story from gold's gym when we had a table set up next to them at a day in the park festival,although body combat was one of their more popular classes but they also admit only the serious ones stick around. many just want it to easy to do while others don't find the classes their cup of tea(dodges flames this came from instructors not me LOL).

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 12:56 PM  
HelloKitty88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I tried to find some of this information on the CIA forums, but I see that many old posts are gone now. I wonder if they cycle off or if Greg removes them?

I'm sure sales are down some. People here are more apt to say they will wait for reviews or try to trade for something. Also, some instructors have been switching to other producers, like Amy going with Tamilee this time instead of Greg. These other producers must be cheaper. Mindy films her own dvds, Christi Taylor had already left, even Rob and Kimberly and Patrick have left him to film with others. Perhaps he can't compete as far as costs go, but I think his production is better. If Amy had been able to go with Greg this time around, I don't think people would be complaining about pink walls!

I know Amy said the economy was hurting her ability to film what she wanted, so I imagine it is hurting other instructors which would probably also affect Greg.
Pink walls? Amy doesn't look like a pink walls person. LOL! How do those read on camera? The pink walls/backgroud in Christi's Cardio Collectables isn't great...I set here and squint at the tv when watching.

I didn't know that Amy went with Tamilee. That's interesting. Maybe Greg being in PA might have something to do with it? Its so out of the way from where the instructors live?

Lower cost probably does have a great deal to do with it. I agree about the production, CIA produced were much more professional.
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 01:13 PM  
HelloKitty88

Quote:
thanks for the clear up on that ladies . i know someone DID say filmed with greg LOL. see to much to keep up with!!

i will go with HelloKitty on this one too. at least what i have noticed in MY area. not even gold's gym(that offers les mills) has any advanced step or hi-lo classes. its all mostly spinning,dance and specialty classes of zumba or cardio pump cycle(never found out what that was about LOL). i never did classes at the y b/c nothing ever jumped out at me. the only class i saw was bellydance and i would have to go to the other side of the city to their fancier y(we were allowed to use 2 on 1 membership) and it costs extra . i even recommended kickboxing(or at least getting some heavy bags) and my friend who works there said, there wasn't a demand so they won't spend the money. same story from gold's gym when we had a table set up next to them at a day in the park festival,although body combat was one of their more popular classes but they also admit only the serious ones stick around. many just want it to easy to do while others don't find the classes their cup of tea(dodges flames this came from instructors not me LOL).
LOL! I won't throw flames at you. LOL! That sounds very accurate.

Did that Gold's offer BodyStep or BodyAttack? Just wondering. Even though BodyStep is very basic people fly all over the place...it blows my mind how even the old school turn step is like brain surgery to people. Its sad as some of these newer gym oriented programs are so bad {zumba for example} as they don't teach people how to move, how to respect and work with the beat of the music or how to learn to follow even simple chore. Don't have a cow zumba people.

Most gyms are not investing in much equipment either. That's why I say most fitness conventions aren't worth paying to go to because they are so into using so many toys and gyms aren't going in that direction.

24 Hour Fitness announced that they will carry LesMills programs.
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 01:26 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty88 View Post
Pink walls? Amy doesn't look like a pink walls person. LOL! How do those read on camera? The pink walls/backgroud in Christi's Cardio Collectables isn't great...I set here and squint at the tv when watching.

I didn't know that Amy went with Tamilee. That's interesting. Maybe Greg being in PA might have something to do with it? Its so out of the way from where the instructors live?

Lower cost probably does have a great deal to do with it. I agree about the production, CIA produced were much more professional.
Greg was actually in the running. Amy was considering both him and Tamilee. I'm not sure how her decision was made. It could have been Greg that couldn't do it if he couldn't get other people to film on the same day.

Wasn't Tamilee involved in that Christi Taylor dvd? All of the dvds I've ever seen that were done for Fitness Fly had less than perfect production quality. I knew when Amy announced who she would be working with that the dvd would not look as nice as if Greg had done it. But I'm an Amy fan so I'll put up with pink walls.
Old 08-05-10, 01:36 PM  
Conni

When Greg originally mentioned the June filming, he did suggest that it would be cheaper to get alot of instructors to film that same day. Seasun and Amy were both "on board" and then the next thing you know Amy stated that she was filming with Webb and Seasun just didn't finalize her plans. I know Seasun switched workout clubs and perhaps the timing just wasn't good for her. Lately, she has been posting that she is getting the "urge", so let's hope she does something soon.
Ironically, I got the impression that Greg isn't generating enough economical feasibility to do a CIA series. Mindy, Christi, Amy, Rob and Tracey S. have all gone to other, cheaper means to producing workouts, and it seems he isn't the "big fish" in the pond anymore...

Tags
cia, ciavideo