Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-10, 04:38 PM  
tara426

Depressed with no cias so far this year

Anyone heard about the 2010 CIA series if there is to be a 2010 Cia series.... I really loved last year's bunch and would love to have some new ones, but it is looking like there won't be any this year.
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 05:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

The last I heard was a vague "later in the year." It could be that in this economy Greg has decided to focus on producing other people's projects this year. I'd like to see another Seasun and now that I've learned it I really like Deirdre Morris' workout from the last releases (or maybe it was from the one before?)
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 05:22 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara426 View Post
Anyone heard about the 2010 CIA series if there is to be a 2010 Cia series.... I really loved last year's bunch and would love to have some new ones, but it is looking like there won't be any this year.
Just two days ago, I was thinking of posting the same thing. I loved the 2010 CIAs and was really looking forward to seeing what Greg would come up with this year.

There's not much activity at the CIA forum - perhaps leaving a comment on his Facebook page would help in getting some info on his plans.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 05:54 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
now that I've learned it I really like Deirdre Morris' workout from the last releases (or maybe it was from the one before?)
Deirdre's is such fun and has become one of my all-time favorite step routines. It was from the 2800 series. I'd love to see her lead another step workout.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 06:10 PM  
mtnmom

Just yesterday I was wondering about this. I think Amy's pre-order of ASC4 got me to thinking how little complex step choreo is being produced anymore. You could always count on Greg to have a couple of great step workouts in his productions. I hope he's got something he's working on. I'd love to have more Deirdre Morris or Seasun!
Old 08-04-10, 06:24 PM  
tara426

Tap less, step more (is that the name of it?) is my all-time favorite!
tara426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 06:29 PM  
westiemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Deirdre's is such fun and has become one of my all-time favorite step routines. It was from the 2800 series. I'd love to see her lead another step workout.
I would love this also! I think hers is a great workout!!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 06:31 PM  
KathAL79

I only got Amy's out of last year's batch (the 2900s), but I would be sad not to see a 2010 series. (Besides, we have to have an answer to the burning question of what this series will be numbered.)

It'd be great to see Seasun, Deirdre, Gay, Kimberly, etc., come back - or even people like Sherri Jacquelyn or Kim Miller (highly unlikely - I seem to be one of few who liked her or her workout ), who filmed one video and then retreated back into the non-video world.

It must be harder to find new talent, especially since step and especially hi/lo aerobics don't have as large a following in US gyms these days (although this varies from area to area - in my gym most people want very simple, straightforward cardio options ending in abs). Add to the fact there are so many places to film these days. Digital cameras are so cheap it has to be tempting for some people to try their luck at producing themselves - although finding a distributor could then be a real challenge.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 06:53 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post

It'd be great to see Seasun, Deirdre, Gay, Kimberly, etc., come back - or even people like Sherri Jacquelyn or Kim Miller (highly unlikely - I seem to be one of few who liked her or her workout ), who filmed one video and then retreated back into the non-video world.
I liked Kim Miller too so you're not the only one! I didn't click with the other Kim--Kim Spreen, but I know a lot of people here like her. I'd like to see Sharon again too.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 07:00 PM  
KathAL79

I have to admit I like Kim Spreen's personality more than I like her workouts.
Actually, now that I think about it she's not all that likely to be filming with the CIA at this moment. It looks like she's busy working on her yoga instructor certification - not sure Greg is ready to go in that direction.

Wasn't Sharon going to film something with the last series but then had to pull out due to a health issue? Maybe she'll be in this one.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cia, ciavideo