Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-10, 09:42 PM  
sophie kat

i like stott pilates more than the one winsor workout i've done, and i LOVE ellen!

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 10:03 PM  
moonbeam31

Mari and Ellen for me too!
Stott has wonderful form and she is a real pilates expert- but all of the dvds of hers I have ever tried are SO boring! Jennifer Kries seems a little aloof and eccentric. She is good and her form is stellar as she is a dancer, but I like Ellen's down to earth personality and her fusion style workouts!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 11:09 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I'm a reformer person. I never loved mat Pilates, but I do love the reformer. It's the one piece of equipment that really makes me think Old Joe P was a genius.

I agree that Stott is great on form but her videos are a snooze fest. I swear I've fallen asleep during two of them.
Old 03-15-10, 11:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Stott
Ellen
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 11:50 PM  
Gancho Girl

Neither (I've tried one Stott video and it was okay; haven't tried Winsor and am not sure I will).

Neither (Jennifer gets on my nerves with the lack of cueing, and while I haven't tried any of Ellen's, just the previews get my back up).

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 12:46 AM  
ilovemybirds

I'm still sort of new to pilates. I'm finding that I like some of the 10 MS pilates dvds (as in Pilates and Quick Sculpt Pilates). I also like Ana Caban quite a bit, because I find her instruction to be really helpful for me. I'm working through this dvd called Pilates Complete for Weight Loss (Karen Garcia), and it's not too bad. I'm going through the beginner workouts right now. I'm finding that some of the moves I picked up in that dvd have helped me in my other workouts that incorporate pilates (such as Tracey Mallett's workouts).
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 06:59 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty88 View Post
Are you a Stott Pilates or Winsor Pilates person?

Are you an Ellen or a Jennifer Kries person?
I'm an Ana Cabán Pilates person.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 07:18 AM  
herya

I like Stott principles but I don't like Moira Stott's instruction - it's very good but it puts me to sleep. Not because it;s dry, but because she has such a soft voice and she like this soft piano music for her background music...

I like just one or two of Mari Winsor and mostly for the beautiful form of her exercisers than enything else. Advanced Body Slimming would be my perfect Pilates workout if it was just a tad slower, she's repping it out so fast!

I like "strong" but true to the form Pilates - Hilary Burnett and Lara Hudson. I also like Pilates On Fifth workouts and I have several of them from UltimatePilatesWorkouts.com. Corp sisters are really great for spicing things up while still retaining great form.

Jennifer Kries was my first ever Pilates instructor, I think she's very good but I don't really do her workouts anymore apart from her excellent Abs segment from Target Specifics. Possibly the best short Pilates workout I have, up there together with Lara Hudson's Abs from 10MS Pilates.

I admire Ana Caban but I don't click with her somehow. I kept some of her workouts if I ever do.

I don't consider Ellen to be true Pilates authority so she's not on my list
Old 03-16-10, 07:28 AM  
goldengirl

I prefer Mari and Jennifer.

Diane
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 07:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I've never done a Stott DVD so I'd have to go with Mari out of those 2. I've used her Buns and Thighs DVD so much over the past few months, I love it.

I was going to say Ellen out of the other 2 because I haven't done a Jennifer Kries DVD in years, but I did used to enjoy her back in the day when I did them. This thread makes me want to try her out again.

I also have to agree with the 10 MS pilates DVDs by Lara Hudson. I have all three by her and enjoy them all alot. I've been using the Pilates Perfect Body segments with Suzanne Bowen lately, too. The buns and thigh segment is a killer for me, love it!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical pilates, ellen barrett, jennifer kries, mari winsor, moira stott merrithew, pilates, stott, stott pilates, winsor