Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-10, 10:59 AM  
bubbles76

Question on Kim Spreen Workouts

I have since changed my mind about Kim Spreen, so now I'm trying to acquire her workouts. If I have Cardio Combat Surge, do I need Absolute Kickboxing? Meaning, are they so much alike that I can do without one or the other? I have not tried Cardio Combat Surge just yet, but I know it has a med ball, body bar, and kickbox section. And Absolute Kickboxing has just the body bar and kickbox. So that should make it different enough, but I'm just wondering if they will feel the same or have similar music or whatever.

Please enable (or disenable) me!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 03:03 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Either I don't own, or haven't done, all the ones you mention. But in my opinion, one can never have too many Kim Spreen workouts!
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 03:22 PM  
Irisg1

I have both. Surge, I've only done once, but that's only because I just got it a couple weeks ago. Absolute Kickboxing I've done several times, and I really enjoy that workout. I don't remember them being soo much alike that you should pick one over the other. If you had to pick only one, I'd say Absolute Kickboxing would be my choice.
Old 02-19-10, 05:29 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm going to go the opposite way and say they're both good, but my favorite is Cardio Combat Surge. Love the variety!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 12:35 AM  
RedPanda

I have both Cardio Combat Surge and Absolute Kickboxing. So far, I've only done Cardio Combat Surge, but on preview, it looks as though Absolute Kickboxing is different enough to get as well.

I'm not much help, am I?

Then again, Cardio Combat Surge has a fantastic 17-minute "Fusion Stretch" which is the best stretch I've found on a non-stretch DVD. I do it quite often.

But you should probably get both.
Old 02-20-10, 10:23 AM  
Ella76

I also have both of them. Some of the body bar moves are almost the same on them, but the kickboxing workouts are different. I also really like the med ball and stretch on Cardio Combat Surge that is not on Absolute Kickboxing.
Ella76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 11:42 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to try to get both. Maybe request one for my birthday. Or try to get it in trade. Course, I've been trying to get it in trade for eons now, and it seems good enough that most are keeping it
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 02:57 PM  
Muria

I think I've said this on another kickboxing thread, but Absolute Kickboxing is something like $9 on amazon.com with super saver shipping available: http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Kick-...d_bxgy_d_img_a

Cardio Combat Surge is $16.95 there, so not as good a deal: http://www.amazon.com/CIA-Cardio-Com...sr=8-1-catcorr

Enable? Me? Nah....
Old 02-20-10, 04:35 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muria View Post
I think I've said this on another kickboxing thread, but Absolute Kickboxing is something like $9 on amazon.com with super saver shipping available: http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Kick-...d_bxgy_d_img_a

Enable? Me? Nah....
So Suzette, YOU'RE the one who enabled me to order this a few weeks back? And did you also post the link to Perform Better for the free shipping on the 6lb body bar to go with this w/o?

BTW, Perform Better is featurning free shipping again. Here's a link to the economy bars: performbetter
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 04:50 PM  
kali1

I love Kimberly Spreen's workouts. I've been wating to buy Cardio Combat Surge for a while now.....

ETA: I had NO idea she was involved with Rob Glick. Too cool!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body bar, bodybar, cardio combat surge, kimberly spreen, weighted bar