Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-09, 06:12 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Trim & Toned in 20

Tonya Larson's Trim & Toned in 20 is available for preorder now. TonyaLarson.net
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 06:25 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I was just coming over to post! I can't get the clip to work however......

Got the clip to work, had to play around and find the button in the lower left corner and keep clicking even though I couldn't see it. The clip looked great! I liked the addition of the ball and the cardio work!!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 06:51 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

It kept freezing when I used Firefox but worked fine in Internet Explorer.

I don't think I was expecting the cardio segments. It looks fun to me.
Old 03-03-10, 10:26 AM  
sundari

What have been the reviews on this DVD? Did anyone like it? I don't see it anywhere other than on Tonya's site:

http://www.tonyalarson.net/Tonya_Larson/HOME.html

ETA:

Ship Date for Trim & Toned March 22-23
Hello Everyone,

I just got an update today from my distributor BMG, and they will have Trim & Toned in 20 in their warehouse on March 12th. This means I will probably receive the DVD’s around March 19th or 20th and ship them out to everyone who pre-ordered the following day. I apologize that yet again I underestimated the time it would take to get copies of a new DVD. Everything was finished Jan 1 so I thought I was safe to assume 6 weeks to get it replicated but it took more than 2 months. There are some processes that my distributor goes through to prepare a DVD and it takes a little longer than if I was replicating them myself. Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments and let me know what you think of Trim & Toned once you try it out. I’m excited to hear your feedback as it helps me know what kind of workouts you all are looking for.

Warmly,
Tonya
Old 03-03-10, 10:29 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I don't think it's been released, has it? I preordered the first day and still haven't' received it.
Old 03-03-10, 10:40 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I don't think it's been released, has it? I preordered the first day and still haven't' received it.
I didn't know that because on her site it says release date of Jan. 2010. And since we are in March I thought it was out already. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-03-10, 10:51 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari View Post
I didn't know that because on her site it says release date of Jan. 2010. And since we are in March I thought it was out already. Thanks for the info.
I know what you mean. Maybe it's been released and I just didn't receive my copy, but I haven't heard about it from anyone.

I know Tonya was relocating. Maybe that slowed things down. I don't know that there have been any updates, though.

ETA: Ah...I just read your update in the previous post. So never mind...there has been an update.
Old 03-03-10, 10:55 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I know what you mean. Maybe it's been released and I just didn't receive my copy, but I haven't heard about it from anyone.

I know Tonya was relocating. Maybe that slowed things down. I don't know that there have been any updates, though.

ETA: Ah...I just read your update in the previous post. So never mind...there has been an update.
Yeah I answered my own question. I should have just taken the time to read her blog. She is very good at keeping everyone updated.
Old 03-03-10, 11:35 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
I should have just taken the time to read her blog.
Actually she just updated her blog yesterday with the new release dates. I've been checking it almost daily because I'm waiting for reviews before I order it. I'm glad she did update her blog to let us know that it will be a little longer before it's released.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 05:03 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Has anyone else received Trim & Toned in 20? I received it last week.

It's a little different from Tonya's other DVDs. She has always seemed friendly and engaging, but in Trim & Toned she seems a bit more relaxed. She has three background exercisers – one male and two female. One female is the low impact modifier. There definitely isn't a lot of jumping, but there is some impact if you choose that option. I chose the higher impact and really liked it.

It has three cardio/weight interval workouts. The upper body and lower body segments are around 20 minutes, but the abs section is between 10 and 15 minutes (I think…I remember it was shorter). All of the weight work is done on a stability ball. Tonya does a nice job of hitting all the major muscle groups. She uses two sets of weights this time. In the intro she tells us that one color is the lighter weight and the other is the heavier one. That makes it easy to spot what she picks up without having to listen for her to say. Tonya does a quick stretch after each muscle group.

I enjoyed the cardio. The choreography was simple but interesting. It's all done on the floor. This is her first DVD that doesn't use a step.

For the main workout, there is one warm up and one stretch. They are in separate chapters. There is an all weight premix and an all cardio one; I loved this part. So you have several options for shorter workouts and the option to do one hour long total body cardio and weight workout.

Tonya included the Spiritual Warm Up like she did in Step Pump and Pure Pump, but this one is different. Rather than her just sitting and talking to us, she leads in a relaxing stretch with soft music. Her cuing in this part is a voiceover. She cues the stretch and inserts Bible verses about peace throughout. As with her other workouts, this part is optional. There is another stretch included in the main workout. If you choose the "Play All" option, it will begin automatically once the other stretch is finished, though.

Tags
tonya larson