Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-09, 04:50 AM  
spaceygirl

Unhappy Pure Pump???

Hi there. Help save me some $$$-what level would you consider PP? I don't always trust Collage's rating? Also-is it really 3 workouts in under an hour?
Details please!
TIA
Spaceygirl
spaceygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 05:08 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceygirl View Post
Hi there. Help save me some $$$-what level would you consider PP? I don't always trust Collage's rating? Also-is it really 3 workouts in under an hour?
Details please!
TIA
Spaceygirl

To answer your question about the "3" workouts, the workout is chaptered so you can do 1/2 the weighted portion (workout 1), or the 2nd 1/2 (workout 2) and the 3rd workout (per the back cover) is the core/stretch segment. I prefer to do just the whole thing. I'd say the rating is a solid intermediate, into advanced level depending on weight levels, etc--I didn't feel it was beginnerish at all.

By the way, I did this yesterday and I'm feeling it today! I'm sore especially in my legs and lower abs (must have been the planks).

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 06:55 AM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
To answer your question about the "3" workouts, the workout is chaptered so you can do 1/2 the weighted portion (workout 1), or the 2nd 1/2 (workout 2) and the 3rd workout (per the back cover) is the core/stretch segment. I prefer to do just the whole thing. I'd say the rating is a solid intermediate, into advanced level depending on weight levels, etc--I didn't feel it was beginnerish at all.

By the way, I did this yesterday and I'm feeling it today! I'm sore especially in my legs and lower abs (must have been the planks).

Denise
I did this workout on Tuesday and my hamstrings are still sore.

I am doing it again tonight. Loved it.
Old 06-04-09, 07:57 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Wanted to add my triceps are really sore as well......OUCH!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 09:24 AM  
violingal3

Where is the best place to order this from? Seems like my options are limited - Collage, Mary or Tonya's site?
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 10:00 AM  
laperez25

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Where is the best place to order this from? Seems like my options are limited - Collage, Mary or Tonya's site?
I bought mines from Tonya's because it was $17.99 w/ free shipping. I ordered it yesterday and 5 mins later they sent me a delivery confirmation.

·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·
·´¨*·.¸¸ Ivy ¸¸.·*¨`·
·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·
laperez25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 10:13 AM  
juberann

WOW, this one sounds great!! I should get my copy today from Mary
Denise- so happy to hear your triceps are sore today~LOL~ as a fellow vidiot,you know I mean that in a good way!! My triceps are a very difficult area for me to work for some reason
I think someone else mentioned this but Collage has this as a toning workout but on the clip it does look like there is a cardio aspect to it,also,when Tonya works on the Step,how much cardio is involved?
As far as where to order, I'm sure Tonya's site is fine but,for me, totalfitnessdvds is ALWAYS my first choice,Mary has my business forever Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 10:21 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I bought mine from Tonya's website also: http://www.tonyalarson.net/Tonya_Larson/DVDs.html
Old 06-04-09, 12:22 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I finally got around to ordering this today. Since I won't be able to get to Collage to pick it up in the next few days, I just ordered from Mary. Can't wait to get it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 12:49 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post

Denise
Are these split by upper and lower or does workout 1 (and 2) have some of each?
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure pump, tonya larson