Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-09, 10:40 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Uh-oh, what is this DVD and who is Tanya??? I ordered Angie Miller's workout on a whim looking for something fresh and really loved it. Is this right up that alley??? And is Step Pump any good? LOL
I think if you like Angie's workout, you will like Tonyas. Angie's has perfect transitions and no rest in between but Tonya's is more hi rep. I use 8s for light on Angies and 12s / 15s for the heavy. Angie's has a way more cardio effect.

Re: Step Pump - depends how good you are with choreography - I'm not good but not totally awful either....and I think it was good. But I LOVE the new CIA Step Surge first (it has FANTASTIC music!) ....so I would get the CIA one first. Someone remarked in an earlier thread that they thought the choreography in Step Surge was boring....I don't find it boring at all.

Kiddy - I really liked the abs section .... I never really got standing abs before but hers was more a full body move....she does a lot of planks in it too.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 10:46 AM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
Kiddy - I really liked the abs section .... I never really got standing abs before but hers was more a full body move....she does a lot of planks in it too.
I agree with your assessment about Angie's and Tanya's workouts.

While I stretched I was watching the abs section on Pure Pump and liked what I saw too. Just like you said, it was more of a total core/body abs section. Loved the planks too.

Tomorrow I am doing Pure Pump, abs and all.

Kiddy
Old 06-03-09, 10:51 AM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia View Post
Aw, come on, you guys!! No fair!! Now I want this and I've already got wayyyyy too many workouts...note to self...must stop coming to VF every day!!

Oh, come on Terry...you KNOW you want it!

I guess it all depends on what you like. If you like high/rep, this is juicy...if you like STS heavy weight lifting...well, not for you.

There. Did that help?

Kiddy
Old 06-03-09, 11:26 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
Re: Step Pump - depends how good you are with choreography - I'm not good but not totally awful either....and I think it was good. But I LOVE the new CIA Step Surge first (it has FANTASTIC music!) ....so I would get the CIA one first. Someone remarked in an earlier thread that they thought the choreography in Step Surge was boring....I don't find it boring at all.
Thanks! I am a choreography disaster. I used to take step classes in college, and I could keep up with basics, but anything complex like Cathe is a no no for me. Firm short box choreography pre-BSS is more my speed. Maybe this is worth a try! I would love gentle introduction to step without getting frustrated and quitting early.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 11:34 AM  
fitmommie

I just ordered Pure Pump from Mary! Thirteen minutes after I got my order confirmation, I got a shipping notice. WOW!!! luv ya Mary!!!!
fitmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 11:51 AM  
TerryMia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ks View Post
Oh, come on Terry...you KNOW you want it!

I guess it all depends on what you like. If you like high/rep, this is juicy...if you like STS heavy weight lifting...well, not for you.

There. Did that help?

Kiddy
Kiddy...seriously...my problem is I like EVERYthing ...well, almost everything...can't seem to resist new workouts these days!!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 12:01 PM  
brendazzzz

Splurged with Step Surge

I just splurged and ordered Step Surge from Tonya's website. It was pretty cool. I just found out she only lives about 50 miles from me. I ought to check to see if she gives classes anywhere!
brendazzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 12:02 PM  
laperez25

Quote:
Kiddy...seriously...my problem is I like EVERYthing ...well, almost everything...can't seem to resist new workouts these days!!
LOL! I'm the same way! I just bought this one right now. I can't wait to try it out!

·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·
·´¨*·.¸¸ Ivy ¸¸.·*¨`·
·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·
laperez25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 05:38 PM  
cardio.junkie

Quote:
I have that EXACT same problem..UGH.. I love having a huge variety. The only thing I don't do regularly is yoga and stretch!
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 06:04 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio.junkie View Post
I have that EXACT same problem..UGH.. I love having a huge variety. The only thing I don't do regularly is yoga and stretch!
I just read a blurb in this months Prevention that states "Incorporating yoga, meditation and relaxation into your daily routine makes you HAPPIER and HEALTHIER than diet and exercise alone finds a recent study" "Bonus: These techniques reduce STRESS and boost self-esteem". I have been under stress (okay ALOT of stress) lately and this little bit of info really jumped out at me. I used to do quite a bit of yoga and actually had some darn good looking upper arms/shoulders to boot!

I'd love to know how anyone fits it all in......

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure pump, tonya larson