Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-09, 02:40 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Which CIA 2900s are "must-haves" - 50% off sale may enable me

I'm considering purchasing two CIA videos thanks to the Mother's Day 50% off sale.

I'm leaning toward the Gymstick one (great travel workout) and maybe Kimberly Spreen's workout. I'm also a huge fan of Amy Bento's stuff.

Are there any real standouts in this batch? I have to admit that the descriptions & reviews make these workouts seem very similar to previous releases.

Is Kim's a lot like her previous combat interval workouts? I already have her 2605 Cardio Camp and 2705 Absolute Kickboxing workouts. How about Amy's, is it really similar to her "In the Ring"?

Or should I save my money?
Old 05-07-09, 02:56 PM  
KathAL79

I liked Amy's, which is the only one I got from this series. If you can get past the fact that in the first combo she throws a turning kick series at you without warning, much less breakdown, the rest of the workout is decently easy to follow and has a good number of creative combinations plus some of the lesser known punches and kicks (you won't be jabbed, crossed, and upper cutted to death, in other words). She's not using the more martial arts-style form she gained for Rumble; it's back to the gym style kickboxing classes.
I haven't done In the Ring in a while, but the two felt different enough for me (although I have a high tolerance for similarity between workouts, it seems).

Tonya's seems to be getting good reviews, if for nothing else than her good cuing.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 03:07 PM  
pharma_gal

If you like Amy's cardio I think this one is really good..I didnt like In the ring mainly becuase of the med ball intervals (i dont have one!) but this one is all kickbox oriented new choreo fun and great music. I really really like Amy's style..

Im not a fan of Kim at all, so I cant comment on that one. Im going to get Seasun's and Tonya's soon so cant comment on those but Tonya seems to be getting decent reviews..but if you are way too advanced you might want to skip this one as it sounds more intermediate to me..HTH!

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 03:20 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Is there another deal besides the one in the email? I thought that one was for the whole series.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 03:22 PM  
fit44

I have Kim's 2605, 2705 and the newest CIA Combat Surge. I think it's similar to 2705, but there are a few high intensity surges and 2 sections with a weighted medicine ball. I'm glad I own all 3. I really like Kim

Amy's newest workout is da bomb! It's challenging, but she has a modifier that is easy to follow if you need to take some of the impact out. The last surge is really hard, but it's very short. I'm not too upset that after 2 tries, I still can't get it. I'm jumping and kicking so I'm burning calories. I burned 526 this morning working out with Amy.

I think I'm going to get All Cardio Latin Xplosion with the discount. It looks like fun! Although, it makes me want to have a Margarita
http://www.fitnessorganica.com/produ...nXplosion.html

I wish I could find a clip of the gymstick workout!
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 03:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Is there another deal besides the one in the email? I thought that one was for the whole series.
Yes I also thought the sale price was when buying two COMPLETE series..?

ETA - oops, I see the sale appears to be working on individual titles too. Great deal!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 03:24 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

The "mom" discount code works for individual CIA DVDs

ddj,
See the thread I mentioned above, the mom discount code works for 50% off two or more individual CIA DVDs. You don't have to buy the entire series.

I wish Greg would put some thought into his promotional emails so they are clear. He needs to have someone edit or review them, if simply for grammatical problems. This promo was written so poorly I couldn't figure it out - I actually put two workouts in my cart, had to create an account and enter the promo code to figure out how it worked!
Old 05-07-09, 03:28 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I added 2 DVD's in my cart, and used the code:MOM. It gave me 50% off.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 03:28 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Gymstick workout review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
...I wish I could find a clip of the gymstick workout!
You can see Jen's review of this workout here on AdvancedWorkouts.com.

I'm hoping Mary at TotalFitnessDVDs gets to sell this video & can post a clip. She's selling the other four.
Old 05-07-09, 03:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just got my Kickbox Surge and Cardio combat surge in the mail today. I thought the 20% off deal I got on Fitness Fly was good! Now I am sorry I didn't wait to order. That gymstick workout looks good but I don't have another workout I want to order to get the 50% off! Plus I really want to see a clip.
I think Amy's kickbox surge is on my to do list for tomorrow but I also have Lalofit to try.... So many DVDs so little time.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio combat surge, cia, medicine ball, weighted ball workouts