Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-17, 01:09 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Inspired by this thread, I pulled out Patrick Goudeau's 9906 tonight, determined to conquer my fears about it's reputation as one of the most complicated step workouts ever. I can do other Patrick routines, along with Seasun, Christi, etc, so what's the big deal with this one, I thought.

I made it the the warmup with no problems. On to the main body of the workout. The first couple of minutes were filled with basic steps and knee repeaters. Piece of cake. Then he introduced the 'wind-up', which at first glance looked like a revolving door. Wrong. The turn over the step is out instead of in, and I could not wrap my head around which way I had to turn. Needless to say, that was the end of that. I am going to try to learn this one in small increments, a few minutes at a time.

LynnO, I love Franny's workouts too. So much fun, and suprisingly more instance than they seem, in a good way.
Patrick's 9906 was the one that was difficult for me too. I get his other ones and other instructors' routines. I think it was the wind-up that messed me up. One day, I need to try it again.
Old 08-22-17, 07:50 PM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Inspired by this thread, I pulled out Patrick Goudeau's 9906 tonight, determined to conquer my fears about it's reputation as one of the most complicated step workouts ever. I can do other Patrick routines, along with Seasun, Christi, etc, so what's the big deal with this one, I thought.

I made it the the warmup with no problems. On to the main body of the workout. The first couple of minutes were filled with basic steps and knee repeaters. Piece of cake. Then he introduced the 'wind-up', which at first glance looked like a revolving door. Wrong. The turn over the step is out instead of in, and I could not wrap my head around which way I had to turn. Needless to say, that was the end of that. I am going to try to learn this one in small increments, a few minutes at a time.

LynnO, I love Franny's workouts too. So much fun, and suprisingly more instance than they seem, in a good way.
I wasn't into dvds when these were out. I've been looking for this one online since I saw this thread and I can't find it anywhere. I love complex choreography. I'm going to keep looking bc I'm sure it will eventually pop up.
Old 08-22-17, 10:14 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I'm a lover of complex choreography too and for some reason 9906 flummoxed me too. I traded it way back when. Now I'm wondering if my 64 year old brain might finally be able to get it lol.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cia, which workout was this?