Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-13, 02:47 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsmom View Post
Ok Now I'm not so excited. They are all purple backed. Has anyone else received DVD-R's??? I'm going to email them about it.
One other person reported that. She contacted them and said it was a mistake and they were sending out the correct ones.

Definitely contact them.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 02:58 PM  
spudsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
One other person reported that. She contacted them and said it was a mistake and they were sending out the correct ones.

Definitely contact them.

Thank you!! I'm going to email them now.
spudsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:27 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post

I wish these women could cue better. They confuse me with their left/right talk (I just can't work opposite to them when they're facing me) and then when they are facing sideways I can face the same direction and mirror them, but then they turn around to the other side 10 minutes later and I can't remember what leg I worked last time. It's maddening!
I know what you mean! I had that problem when I started doing the workouts too. What I started doing (and it seems to be working well) is when they're sideways and say to use your left leg, I use my right. That way, when we're facing forward again, towards the TV, the leg I'm working and the leg they are working matches up. I hope I explained that right!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:32 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsmom View Post
I finally got my set today!! I'm in London, Ontario, Canada so it wasn't too much of a wait. Now I'll have to decide which one to do first.....
I got mine in Windsor, Ontario today too! Can't wait to start.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:41 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I know what you mean! I had that problem when I started doing the workouts too. What I started doing (and it seems to be working well) is when they're sideways and say to use your left leg, I use my right. That way, when we're facing forward again, towards the TV, the leg I'm working and the leg they are working matches up. I hope I explained that right!
Thanks I will try that.

Once I get good at this, it may become a favorite. There were a lot of things I liked about the workout, even though I struggled with some of them. And in comparison to the original DreamBody workout with the pop ups and testimonials, Darby seemed more subdued and yes, it moved quickly but not impossibly so. I took some pause/water breaks from time to time or to set up for the next thing, not a big deal. Again with the not showing the modifications until halfway through the exercise...I guess women who don't know how to modify on their own are just sitting there staring at the screen saying to themselves "I can't do that". Sometimes no modifications were shown at all (forward fold/wide squat to leg swoop thing).

I did appreciate that in this set there are only 3 women showing working out like a traditional fitness DVD rather than a packed class of regular women with the camera jumping around showing different people in various stages of exertion.

Overall, a huge improvement over the original offering by Darby.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:42 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
I am always on the opposite leg they are. They say left, I use right.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:47 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
I forgot to mention that in my post yesterday. The cuing has a lot to be desired. You know you're in trouble when you look at the background exercisers and they seem confused, too! The sideways sequenced really screwed me up. I couldn't remember what leg I worked first.

edensmom, thank you for your input. For me, it makes sense to just work on a couple of these at a time.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:51 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I got confused with left and right as well. I sometimes mirror what they are doing. Then switch to my real right or left. Then I feel which butt is sore just to make sure I'm not redoing any segment on the same side.
Next time, I'll do the cue and go left or right.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-13, 05:57 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I am always on the opposite leg they are. They say left, I use right.
Me, too, I always work on the same side that is facing me, no matter what the instructor says. I will say that during some workouts, I am tempted to make a mark with a pen on the leg I worked out first, just so I don't get confused.
Old 05-15-13, 06:00 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
Me, too, I always work on the same side that is facing me, no matter what the instructor says. I will say that during some workouts, I am tempted to make a mark with a pen on the leg I worked out first, just so I don't get confused.
Brilliant idea!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua