Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-13, 05:17 PM  
Yelly

I got mine today. They are silver-backed, so not dvr, thank goodness. I just got done with Bikini Bootcamp. For reference, I already did my TA workout earlier today, and this one still wasn't too bad. I do like how every single second is used - it is definitely workout time with them, that's for sure The pace during the cardio seemed somewhat out of control at times though, imo, because I felt like if I was to keep up with them, I would be sacrificing form for speed.

Now, as for the instructors voice - I definitely can't say it's my favorite. There were lots of times I was wishing she would shut the hell up. But, I'm definitely not ditching these workouts for it. I can see these being great workouts for my goals right now. The cardio was definitely challenging, and the floor work was good.

This one definitely wasn't my favorite workout ever, but it was solid. I'm really excited to try the other ones!! So glad I got these for such a great price
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 05:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

For me, I'm going to get back to walking outdoors (since it's lovely Spring weather!) I'm not normally a huge lover of cardio and would much rather lift weights or do kettlebell workouts, but I haven't been moving my behind much at all! Walking on my non-DB days sounds perfect for me and a nice change of pace.

I am going to start by seeing how much I can actually do of each workout. If I only do 30 minutes of DB a day, than I'll probably do them consecutively with all five workouts in one week.

Or, I might just plan for only 3x a week of DB/walking and use Sun as a TA day or Classical Stretch. I haven't quite decided yet?!

I just know that I can't do the whole dvd all the way through, as designed without pausing and resting between exercises. No way am I as ambitious as the girls in the workouts. My body isn't used to moving that way, LOL! My heart says "YES" and my joints say "wait just a minute!"

So, we'll see how it goes....(even though my thighs and abs need to be worked everyday!)

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 05:26 PM  
isebelleg44

I ended up doing Tabata & Toning today. I really liked it. It's different than anything I currently have in my collection. I only used 1lb weights, because I had Cathe Bis & tris on my schedule today and still wanted to do it. And after doing the workout, I think I will mainly stick with the 1 pounders! And then after the last tabata section, I thought I was done but she stuck in a core section!

What I liked:

The instructor Francie
That it was a major core burner
That it wasn't super high impact
That you could modify the moves
That are not a ton of reps
That it is intense
That it is short

What I wasn't crazy about:
the music or lack there of
no warm up

Major thumbs up for me, even if the music is a negative.

Edited to add that I didn't notice anything Denise Austinish about the instructor's voice.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 05:50 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I ended up doing Tabata & Toning today. I really liked it. It's different than anything I currently have in my collection. I only used 1lb weights, because I had Cathe Bis & tris on my schedule today and still wanted to do it. And after doing the workout, I think I will mainly stick with the 1 pounders! And then after the last tabata section, I thought I was done but she stuck in a core section!

What I liked:

The instructor Francie
That it was a major core burner
That it wasn't super high impact
That you could modify the moves
That are not a ton of reps
That it is intense
That it is short

What I wasn't crazy about:
the music or lack there of

Major thumbs up for me, even if the music is a negative.

Edited to add that I didn't notice anything Denise Austinish about the instructor's voice.
Bikini bootcamp is the DA type voice

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 06:15 PM  
luprisi

I previewed the Barre one today and I liked it a lot but was wondering if I could do it with shoes on? My left ankle acts up sometimes and I'm afraid I will twist it.
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 06:28 PM  
TinaS

I just finished Bikini Bootcamp. This workout moves REALLY fast. I'm not used to moving at this kind of pace! It reminded me of Insanity in that way. One good thing, there is no downtime. You are really working the entire workout. I wore my heart rate monitor and got a good calorie burn. Other than a mat for the floor work, you don't need any equipment which I LOVE! The floor work has some moves that I haven't done before and it felt like I was working some areas that haven't been hit in a while. Since these workouts are a lot different that what I normally do, I'm hoping to see changes, esp in my legs. The instructor's voice was a little off-putting when I previewed this, but didn't bother me when I did the workout. As someone mentioned, the music is really in the background. Looking forward to trying the rest of these!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 06:40 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I my legs right now. So much that at 43 years old I bought myself a pair of 5" inseam shorts! I will be wearing them proudly.

For those of you in the facebook group - I posted my pic there.

I'm glad so many of you caved on this great price, I am this set and what it's doing for my legs and my mind - I feel great!
That is so awesome, Sue!! You look amazing!!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 06:45 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
So for those of you have done these, do you consider this a cardio day? I want to map out my workouts for next week and I want to include these. Can these be done on consecutive days? If not, what do you in between?

Thanks!
When I was doing them, I usually did them with some Toniques on the in-between days, but I often did them on consecutive days, with no problems. (Well, the only problem is that I was walking around with legs that continually felt like Jello! )

In all seriousness, though, I didn't seem to be experiencing any signs of overtraining. I was worried about getting burnt out on these, so I started Metamorphosis five weeks ago . . . and have lost most of the nice definition I had in my legs, abs, and arms from doing DB! I was going to hold off on doing them again until the new cardio ones came out, but all this talk of them makes me think that I'll pull them back out this weekend.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 06:47 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luprisi View Post
I previewed the Barre one today and I liked it a lot but was wondering if I could do it with shoes on? My left ankle acts up sometimes and I'm afraid I will twist it.
I do all of these workouts with shoes on due to an issue I am currently having in my left foot that makes going barefoot un-doable for me right now. I have no problems doing them with shoes!

I also walk on my in between days, I can't handle much else! I started out trying to do them 3x per week, but it was a bit much for me to handle. I've also tried splitting them up, which does work nicely.

I haven't done a DB workout in a little over a week, but plan to get back to them, if only half at a time. There is just nothing else like them in my collection and I really do love them.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 07:30 PM  
Yelly

I think I have a plan to handle the instructor voice issue, plus the low volume music. After I get more used to the moves, I'm just going to start wearing my headphones with my own playlist. I think it would be fine for the Bikini Bootcamp one that I tried today - not sure about the other ones. Does anyone else do this? I imagine that with some good pumping music, these workouts will ROCK!!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua