Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-12, 09:21 AM  
sbh

I dropped off the fitness wagon late 2010 when my mom passed away. I restarted Aug 2012. I've lost almost 20 pounds, 5 inches in my waist..: I have to say, my diet was the problem. I started using SparkPeople's website to clean that up. I also included more spurts of HIIT. I can't do long periods of it, but 10-15 minutes, two or three times a week really made a difference.

left pic - 10/2010
right pic - 11/2012
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 10:10 AM  
sciencelady

Finally getting a straddle up from a climb in aerials (basically pulling my hips over my head from a dead hang) - been working six years to get that move!
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 11:01 AM  
Bearybuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
Finally getting a straddle up from a climb in aerials (basically pulling my hips over my head from a dead hang) - been working six years to get that move!
Oh, my!!!
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 12:50 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
WOW, you go girl!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 03:35 PM  
Gancho Girl

For me it's being able to do a full Teaser. I'd always assumed I'd never be able to do one, and so when I found myself doing it one day during Pilates teacher training, I was gobsmacked.

And then I went on to being able to do Boomerang! Easy peasy! (well, kinda...)

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 03:39 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
I didn't know that was humanly possible. I think you should issue an official challenge to Tony Horton.
Old 11-25-12, 08:12 PM  
KathAL79

For me it has been staying committed to fitness and health despite health problems and recommitting to a regular exercise program after a hiatus that began at the end of last year and after a foot injury sidelined me for almost a month earlier this fall. I dropped about 15 lbs. between the first of August and the end of October, and I'm down 30 lbs. from where I was at this point last year, weight that has been more than just physical weight but also an emotional burden as I gained it while battling health issues. I would say, however, that I attribute that weight loss to portion control and increased overall daily activity, including commutes that included some walking, rather than a specific fitness program, although I was doing Pilates (mostly on my reformer), weights and cardio (mostly Kelly Coffey-Meyer at the time), and yoga (mostly Jill Miller).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 08:24 PM  
andtckrtoo

I guess my biggest accomplishment was walking 20 miles for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Next year, I'll do the next six. I've been rediscovering my love for high intensity workouts. TapoutXT, Insanity and Asylum 2 are challenging me in ways I have not been challenged in ages. I love it.
Old 11-25-12, 09:20 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Congratulations again to everyone!
I don't feel good about my weight gain due to menopause. But that's going to be my next goal. Drop that extra weight before my 50th bday. And of course, I want to be able to do a pull-up again.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 09:27 PM  
sherry7899

I had a rough year with fitness and didn't really accomplish anything due to injuries and illnesses (oh, well) but I wanted to congratulate everyone who has posted-you are all amazing!!
2013 will be better for me.

Hugs,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote