Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-11, 10:25 AM  
Pascal

Okay, three tries later and I need to say that I like Super Step more and more each time I do it. I FINALLY caught on to the sexy sixteen move and now I can do the entire workout all the way through. I really like it!! I still like the music in Stepping Up more but I like this music too. Seasun is so creative and she seems like she is having so much fun while she steps - it's contagious!
Old 08-19-11, 11:17 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I finally did this one last night since it arrived while I was on vacation.

Here are my somewhat random thoughts:

I thought the music was fine, it was "recycled" from other workouts, but I've noticed that frequently with other workouts that have been put out recently. I suspect it is a sign of the economic times and the cost of music.

Props from me as well for those that got all the choreography the first time. I don't preview so there were definitely times that I stopped and just stared at the screen since I missed some piece (or pieces) of the section. My head "got it" but my feet did not! That said, it didn't bother me that I couldn't get it all on the first try. Part of the challenge and enjoyment for me is learning the choreo and if I get 100% the first time I will get bored with the workout quickly. I would say I got 75 to 80%.

The core work was short, but I have always seen this portion as an "add on" that sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I did it last night because it was short and my time was limited and a longer core section would not have worked for me. I like that she does plank work as I find it effective for me.

Overall I give it a Thumbs Up. The time went quickly, possibly because I was so focused on learning the choreo. I didn't notice that she was off beat possibly also for the same reason---learning the choreo. I like the direction changes and the "Seasun spin" that makes standard moves more interesting at least IMHO.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 05:20 PM  
wendy2

Coming back to post because I've done this workout three times this week! The music has grown on me and it's not as bad as I initially thought. Some of it is good--just not like the music that grabbed me in Stepping Up...

I agree that even though the warm up is basic, that step-over-tap is tricky until you get it. It's just not the normal foot patterns so you may get thrown off a bit.

I did combo 3 today and wanted to keep going into the splice and dice section, but was short on time so had to quit. I'll be away for a week, and I'm really excited that I have such a great new workout to come back to. It'll help keep the post-vacation blues at bay, I hope

I think Seasun is the queen of step.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 06:44 PM  
mtnmom

I attempted Super Step this morning, the premix of combos 1 and 2. I was so anxious to try it, although some circumstances weren't the best. I'm dog-tired from last week, hiking in Yosemite and DH had morning calls and his workspace is in our living room - the same space I would ideally like to do step. I was confined to the bedroom, so I'm constantly trying to avoid hitting the bed, TV stand, random pieces of furniture.

Anyway, the warm-up is fairly simple choreo (except that straddle-tap thing), but brisk with all the jumping jacks. And the music during the warm-up wasn't the greatest. It did get better as the workout moved along.

I applaud those of you who said they got the moves down the first time (or most of them). I muddled through the first combo and halfway through the second, I had to chapter-back and start over. But that's typical Seasun, for me. She cues very well, it's a matter of getting my feet to cooperate. It gave me a good workout and looked like a lot of fun, even though I wasn't doing exactly what they were doing. I'm totally blaming it on avoiding creaming my shin on the bed frame.

Step workouts seem to be going out of favor with instructors, (yes Petra, I'm looking at you) so I'm cherishing any good new step workouts that come my way. I'm anxious to try this again, and that's a good sign. I'll have to banish DH to another room or send him out for a run or bike ride.

Oh, and something weird was going on with that premix. It did the cool down twice from what I could detect. Then it went on to the plank section. I liked the shorter ab section, sometimes her stuff can be overly long for me.
Old 08-19-11, 08:07 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who struggled with the over/tap move in the warm up.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 09:42 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
Coming back to post because I've done this workout three times this week! The music has grown on me and it's not as bad as I initially thought. Some of it is good--just not like the music that grabbed me in Stepping Up...

I agree that even though the warm up is basic, that step-over-tap is tricky until you get it. It's just not the normal foot patterns so you may get thrown off a bit.

I did combo 3 today and wanted to keep going into the splice and dice section, but was short on time so had to quit. I'll be away for a week, and I'm really excited that I have such a great new workout to come back to. It'll help keep the post-vacation blues at bay, I hope

I think Seasun is the queen of step.
Wendy, I said pretty much the same thing upthread - I've done this one three times this week and LOVE it. I like it more each time I do it. And last time I did it I found myself really getting into the choreography so that I could have fun and not concentrate so much on trying to get the moves. I personally really like the music in this one. I really enjoy Seasun's style. I hope she comes out with more and more step workouts. I will buy every one of them.

Tags
seasun zieger, z-fit super step